The Story of The Moon | Teen Ink

The Story of The Moon

By TheWhiteRoseRabbit BRONZE, Cupertino, California
TheWhiteRoseRabbit BRONZE, Cupertino, California

Once there was a little girl. Her name was Arianna. Arianna loved the moon very much. She drew it in her notebooks. She watched it every night. She loved it.

In the same town as Arianna, there was a little boy. His name was Ansia. Ansia loved the little girl very much. He wrote her name in his notebooks. He watched her during class. He loved her.

Ansia knew Arianna loved the moon, and he was jealous of it getting her attention. One night, he went out to the meadows, where he had a clear view of the night sky. "Oh Moon! I hate you! I hate you!" he screamed, hoping that maybe, just maybe,it would help. There was nothing. He slumped onto the grass, starting to cry. The night sky was so beautiful, except for the moon. The moon was just a ugly lump of rock, reflecting the sun's beauty and light. Why did she love it? Suddenly, he saw a star fall from the sky. He squinted his eyes shut, and he wished, "Oh Star, please let me have my wish. Please let Arianna love me as much as she loves the moon."

Now little did Ansia know, the star was young. And everybody knows young stars are mischievous. His wish would come true. But that will be later.

Ansia opened his eyes. He didn't feel any different. It was just a superstition. No magic here. He walked home. His little brother was already asleep. Ansia quietly slipped into his own bed and fell asleep, crying.

The next night, Ansia woke up. He could see everything. He could see the mountains, and the seas, and the golden deserts. But it was all so very dark. And he was up high. Where was he? He then realized, the star gave him his wish. Arianna loved him as much as the moon now, because he was the moon. He scoured the Earth, looking for her. She sat on the ground, drawing in her notebook. He looked very hard, hoping to see drawings of him, the moon. In loopy print, all over the page, Arianna had written, "Ansia." She loved him but could never be with him. Because he was the moon.

For the rest of eternity, Ansia watched the little girl. He watched her grow up. He watched her parents arrange a marriage between her and his little brother. He could almost imagine it was him, down there, kissing the bride. But he was only an ugly lump of rock, reflecting the sun's beauty and light.

I was born under a full eclipse of the moon. I grew up loving it and I really wanted to write something about it.

Thank you so much for the kind words!

Authorintraining88 GOLD, Somewhere:p, Massachusetts

You are the universe experiencing itself

This is truly breathtaking- amazing job! It is well-written and I enjoyed every part of it. Keep writing!(:

Thank you!

jennag4 PLATINUM, New City, New York

I write to be the characters that I'm not.

really good!!!!! very refrsehing  

Thank you so much!

BurrThistle GOLD, Jaipur, Other

Write to taste life twice, in the moment and in retrospect

that was really nice! these day i only get to read peotry and fiction about sex, drugs, love or heartbreak. This was refresingly different. I agree with blueolive, you could really get into writing short stories for children. Check out some of my work, too.  

Thank you! The moral of this story: Be gracious or you will turn into a rock Xp

blueolive GOLD said...
blueolive GOLD, Bowmanville, Other

"You cant go looking for love, you have to let love find you".

wow, thats really great. you would be great at writing child novels that tell morals about life. 

Thank you so much! You make me blush!

Bethany_Saint GOLD, Dexter, Maine

"Never regret something that once made you smile." - Amber Deckers

"Stories are more than just images. As you continue in the tale, you get to know the characters, motivations and conflicts that make up the core of the story...." - Livia Blackburne

I love, love, love, LOVE IT!!! 5 stars and adding to my favorites! They need to publish this in the magazine!!!! (but i still feel bad for Ansia... his brother got his girl! :'( ...)

Thank you so much!

theatregirl PLATINUM, Lathrup Village, Michigan

"To thine own self be true," -from Hamlet, a play by Shakespeare.
"I have sworn on the altar of god eternal hostility against all forms of tyranny over the mind of man." - Thomas Jefferson

Chilling and beautiful and a wonderful folk story undertones. It's beautiful and I love the lanaguge. Keeep writing !!!

Thank you! Feedback?

Thank you so much! I wish they would too!

micshea99 PLATINUM, Matthews, North Carolina
Umm excuse me teen ink modifiers... PUBLISH THIS NOW. 

author_musical PLATINUM, Torrington, Wyoming

Sweetie, if you're going to be two faced, at least make one of them pretty. - Marilyn Monroe

This is now in my favorites love it! Could I get some feedback?