The Time Traveler's Wife | Teen Ink

The Time Traveler's Wife

By Dowon BRONZE, Castro Valley, California
Dowon BRONZE, Castro Valley, California

The Time Traveler’s Wife is an interesting book by Audrey Niffenegger that tells the story of a man capable of time traveling, and the effects on not only his life, but also the life of his wife. The time traveler is a man named Henry DeTamble who tries to cope with his uncontrollable Time Traveling capabilities and live life like a normal human being. His wife, Clare Abshire, is an artist who also has to live with Henry’s uncontrollable time traveling powers. Throughout the story, we see both points of view and the consequences of the time traveling conundrum. Even with the prevalent fear of Henry’s time traveling, they still manage to have a successful relationship. The story has a vast array of unique characters that help show the confusion and chaos that time traveling can create, while also having a way of being memorable at the same time. Without spoiling a lot, The Time Traveler’s Wife created its mark in my literary heart with its fantastic narrative and Niffenegger’s utilization of time travel as a plot device. All in all, if you enjoy time traveling, love stories, or just a good book all around, then I highly recommend reading The Time Traveler’s Wife.