Perfect Enough | Teen Ink

Perfect Enough

By Juicey_Fruit BRONZE, Draper, Utah
Juicey_Fruit BRONZE, Draper, Utah

There is beauty in everything, just not everyone sees it.

"Quit assuming that you know everything that's going on inside my head! Because you don't!" I screamed.
"Excuse me Princess, but I do actually! Take your head out of your a**, it's not a hat!" Jordan yelled back.
"YOU GOT THAT LINE FROM PITCH PERFECT!" I screamed, hopefully blasting his eardrums out of his head. Maybe if I'm lucky, his brain will come oozing out of his ears and onto the floor.
"Only because you made me watch it 500 times! And no, I didn't enjoy it. I never enjoyed watching Pitch Perfect. Ever. I lied." He said, his eyes squinting.
"Well it wouldn't be the first time." I said, hoping to burn the flesh off his face.
"B****." He said.
"A**hole." I said.
"I'm sick of this." He said as he rubbed his forehead.
I walked over to the door, unlocked it, and held it wide open. "Get out now, Jordan." I said as calmly as I could manage.
"Gladly!" Jordan said with a smile as he grabbed his coat. I purposely slam the door shut before he's all the way out, making it hit him, hard.
"OW!" I hear loudly from the hallway.
"Sorry, it slipped." I said, walking away from the door.
Slowly at first, the tears came streaming down my face. We were made for each other, we both knew it. Sometimes we just had a rough way of showing it. I heard a faint knock on the door, and walked over quietly and looked through the peek hole.
"Who is it?" I said, even though I could clearly see Jordan standing out in the hallway.
"It's the pizza man. Who do you think it is."
I unlocked the door, and held it wide open. "You got that line from Madagascar."
He smiled, "I hate making you cry."
"I hate calling you an a**hole." I said, as he whiped the tears from my face.
"But you'll probably do it again tomorrow, right?" He said, smiling.
I laughed, "Probably."
We hugged for what seemed like an eternity, but it never would have been long enough.
"Do you ever think that maybe we're just not relationship type of people?" I asked him.
"What do you mean?" He said.
"Well you know, in the movies the perfect relationship is all lovey dovey with tickling and long kisses and snuggling, that's not us."
He pulled away and looked me in the eyes. "Maybe we're just different." He said. "Or maybe we love each other, and that's perfect enough."

I don't think there is one type of perfect relationship... We're all different. I think that's important to remember.