Love Notes | Teen Ink

Love Notes

By RomanticPhilosopher SILVER, Hawley, Pennsylvania
RomanticPhilosopher SILVER, Hawley, Pennsylvania

"The life given to us by nature is short, but the memory of a life well spent is eternal"
-Unknown

I sat next to her, gently sliding myself onto the bench. I looked up, and felt my heart skip a beat, as I watched her eyes twinkle like stars. I took her hand into mine, and gently stroked it with my thumb. I smiled, and she smiled back, such an amazing and beautiful smile. I watched as the sun came through the window behind her, and turned her hair and her cheek, a beautiful golden color. I took my hand, and caressed her cheek, ending on her chin. She put her hand on mine, and pushed her fingers through mine, gently rubbing them with her thumb as she closed her eyes.

She looked away, and placed her hands on the keys. I closed my eyes, and as she started to play, I lost myself in her world. Just the two of us, in a perfect world, with no burdens to bring us back to reality. With every note she played, I lost myself farther and farther away, with only her in my mind, I was falling madly in love with her.

I opened my eyes, and I looked back at her, as she played I leaned in and kissed her on the cheek. She looked quickly up at me, and stared into my eyes. After a few seconds, she took her hand and stroked the side of my neck, leaning in and putting her arms around my neck and hugging me tight. I wrapped my arms around her and squeezed her as I let my head rest on hers. We sat there for what seemed like hours, just holding one another in our arms.
She pulled away and put her hand back onto my cheek, looking into my eyes. She closed her eyes, and leaned in, our lips met, and my heart stopped. The world around us stopped, and everything was perfect. She knew I loved her, and she knew how much I loved her, and I know that she felt the exact same way.
We put our foreheads together and kept our eyes closed, our hand on each other’s cheeks. We opened our eyes at the same time, and stared into each other’s eyes, and I couldn’t hold back my smile. As I stared into her eyes, I could see that she smiled from ear to ear. And from that moment on, everything changed, we knew that we were made for each other.

Beautiful scene of realizing true love. The love between two people is dreamed between both, especially as being able to share something very special together. Ture love is soulful, all-sacrificing, and unconditional. This idea came to me while composing at my piano. Sunlight pouring in from my window, and the words started to flow.
Plato, in his 9th sub-dialogue of Soccrates, Symposium, relates to his first, Charmides, the ideals and philosophy of temperance. The ideals being that of which temperance composed of: Chivalry, ture emotional love, and other concepts in relation to the thought of "doing good vs. making good." He goes on to philosophise about every which and but and form of love, very brilliant, and outstandingly moraled men, Soccretes/Plato. In love, seeks my mind as I wrap around these concepts, only to realize, this is true love.