Pieces | Teen Ink

Pieces

By TaylorWintry DIAMOND, Carrollton, Texas
TaylorWintry DIAMOND, Carrollton, Texas

"Never fear shadows. They simply mean there's a light shining somewhere nearby." - Unknown

You brushed your hand against mine. Was that a sign? Was that the one thing you've been trying to tell me this entire time? Do you love me? I can't be sure. You're mysterious and you confuse me. It makes me feel special inside, knowing that you are mine and it's all up to me to dissect you. It would be hard, though, because you're so complex and deep. I can't be sure about you. I can't be sure about anything. I'm not even sure about myself. Do I love you? Or am I placing lies and burdens all over my soul just to satisfy myself? I hope it is not the latter. I hope that my love for you is true. And your love, if you have any. You're quite mysterious, and being around you makes me want to attach the missing pieces. You make me want to make myself better. I want to be connected to you. Let's start now. Take your missing pieces, and let's see if they fit mine.

TaylorWintry DIAMOND, Carrollton, Texas

Thank you very much. (:

EPluribusUnum DIAMOND, Woodbine, Maryland

"I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead;
I lift my lids and all is born again.
(I think I made you up inside my head)."
-Sylvia Plath

I agree with Shortblueeyes, I loved your last line. Something about it is just... true. Great job with this piece :)

TaylorWintry DIAMOND, Carrollton, Texas

Thank you!! (:

Shortblueeyes224 DIAMOND, Auburntown, Tennessee

"Are We Happy Plastic People"- Casting Crowns "While we're sung to sleep by philosophies that save the trees and kill the children" - Casting Crowns "It's such a secret place, the land of tears"Antoine de Saint-Exupery

This is good...I like the last line that says "take you missing pieces, and let's see if they fit mine" I love it :)