The Taste Of Death | Teen Ink

The Taste Of Death

By SpecialsForLife BRONZE, Silt, Colorado
SpecialsForLife BRONZE, Silt, Colorado

Straight Americans need... an education of the heart and soul. They must understand - to begin with - how it can feel to spend years denying your own deepest truths, to sit silently through classes, meals, and church services while people you love toss off remarks that brutalize your soul. ~Bruce Bawer, The Advocate, 28 April 1998

She screamed and pushed her legs to run faster. She turned to see her drunken father stop and walk back to the house. She heard the slam that had happened so many times it was like a childhood lullaby. She closed her eyes and tried to catch her breath. She walked for an hour or so and reached her friend’s home. Hess opened the front door with a swaying motion and gave a saddened look. “Come inside, Jamie. It’ll be ok. Don’t worry,” he said with tears falling down his face. He worried and cried. This happened almost every night. “He won’t do it again,” Jamie said holding onto Hess. Hess shook his head and looked into her eyes, “He will. You need to get out of there. Come live with me. We’ll get him arrested. He’ll be gone.” This time Jamie shook her head. “No. He won’t because he won’t be able to. I’ll be gone. Not him,” she said with a tiny smile. Hess looked at her with disbelief. “NO! Jamie? I won’t EVER let that happen!” Jamie pushed Hess off and ran to the kitchen. His footsteps started towards her. She grabbed a knife and held it to her throat. She had no emotion on her face as she pressed it to her neck. “NOO!” Hess screamed at her. She stopped seeing an envelope on the table with her name on it. It was written in elegant letters with lovely curves. She set the knife down, aware of the beads of blood dripping on her shirt. Hess shifted, but didn’t stop her. She picked it up and opened it. She pulled out a letter. It was all written lightly with an extremely bold part at the end. It read I LOVE YOU. She set the paper down and looked at Hess. Jamie said nothing as she ran to him and he held her. “I’ll never let that happen. He’s a monster. I love you. Forever,” he said holding her tighter. She breathed in his scent and looked up at him. “I love you.” He bent down and kissed her. His lips felt like cotton promises. Tears finally slid down Jamie’s face. Hess held her until they both were to tired to stand like that, then slept next to her small body at night. He listened to her breath and smiled hearing the screams downstairs as his parents found his and Jamie's bloodied bodies downstairs.

I was listening to sad Bring Me The Horizon songs and felt like writing this.

Wordartist said...
oh no don't apologize!!!!!!!!!!!! i really like it, keep reading i just got confused and i like a good twist tooo, can't always just have one flavor!

SpecialsForLife BRONZE, Silt, Colorado

Sorry um.. The music I was listening to was fast paced and I didn't really have time for a whole story. But Idk I just like wierd twists at the end of storys. So they both died in an embrace. Don't ask me how. That will forever be a mystery.

Wordartist SILVER, Grand Rapids, Michigan

"If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree it will live its whole thinking its stupid." -Albert Einstein

it's good but the whole thing kinda seems rushed and what exactly happens at the end?