It's Just That Feeling | Teen Ink

It's Just That Feeling

By tangtay GOLD, Albuquerque, New Mexico
tangtay GOLD, Albuquerque, New Mexico

Our street corners keep secrets, and our road signs only suggest, never deciding for us, never knowing if the destination to which they lead is where we truly belong. ~Alex Gaskarth

Waking up that morning, I felt like a train had hit me the night before. Forcing myself to get out of bed, I stumble on my first step and slowly begin to steady back on track. Finally reaching the bathroom sink, I flash a bright smile to my mirror. I blink to wake myself up as the radiating sun gently began to peep through the blinds, brightening my pure white bathroom.

Thoughts shoot through my mind at an uncontrollable speed. These thoughts compel a constant grin on my face. Although no one was around, I scream, throwing my hands in the air as if there were no worries or cares in the whole world.

This feeling remains indescribable on my heart. I dance around my room as if I were the only one in the world who experiences this sensation of being loved. Tossing myself back on my bed, I feel like an undeserving queen. With a laugh, I shout, “I can’t believe I’m getting married today!”