First Love | Teen Ink

First Love

Hand-in-hand, they stood, peering through the dense, green foliage surrounding the waterfall’s descent into the water below. Natural perfection spread before them, eclipsing time for a moment. The view awed her as the company of her presence awed him.

“Come on”, he whispered, hesitant to disrupt the silence, while pulling her gently by the hand. He led her to a path that wound through the mountain rock and down to the body of water below. She faltered, it was nearing midnight and the bright stars did little to light the way, but he was wary, holding the light out before her and always prepared to catch her should she fall.

Although their pace was slow and cautious, neither were conscious of or concerned with time. The moonlight reflecting in the water, the waterfall’s steady rhythm, and the sight of the mountain now looming above them, were too breathtaking to be cheapened by such petty worries. They were now absent from the civilized, structured world and transported into a natural sanctuary, their very own escape.

He didn’t need to say anything as they approached the water, for as much as they were in tune with their surroundings, they were in tune with each other. So, when they shed their outer garments, jackets, shirt, pants, and shoes, there was no sense of discomfort, nor any feelings of awkwardness. The water shone invitingly, and a swim simply fit.

Both entered the water without a splash or a sound, allowing the raw iciness to penetrate their bodies. They waded into the depths, trying to get their bodies acclimated to the cold. He stopped at about chest depth, turning to her, ensuring her well-being. His arms lifted and wrapped around her, allowing for resistance, but finding a body only willing to melt into his. Her gaze lifted upward, searching his face for his thoughts, but instead found his hand on her cheek and his lips pressed to hers. For a moment her breath caught in her throat and her heart beat wildly. Yet, it was not a sensation she intended to halt. She kissed him back with more assertion, feeling a powerful warmth radiate through her entire body.

And then he broke away gently, not in discouragement. He smiled sweetly, reassuring her slight fears, and found her hand with his. Once again he guided her, but this time just to the shore. He pulled from his bag two heavy blankets, and when they were dressed laid them in a spot away from the water’s edge. They laid beneath the velvet sky laced with stars, her head upon his chest. They were undoubtedly bonded, united by the moment, the beauty, the purity; intertwined in the beginnings of love.

Acacia1013 said...
Acacia1013, Augusta, Georgia
That was amazing!

yourworstnightmare BRONZE, Sioux Falls, South Dakota

The best prize that life offers is the chance to work hard at work worth doing. (Teddy Roosevelt)

Whoa!! That was so descriptive. I need to practice on that. Great job! I loved this.

chrysalis said...
omg. This story is amazing and you definantly deserved this. Congratulations!!!