Broken | Teen Ink

Broken

By Emilytaylor SILVER, Alvin, Texas
Emilytaylor SILVER, Alvin, Texas

Speak your mind, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind
--Dr. Seuss

Gone, forever and always. I will miss you. Or at least the person I thought you were. The boy with the laughs, the boy with the smiles. The boy with the love. I struggle to remind myself that boy doesn’t exist. Not today, Not tomorrow. Not the next day, or the next, or the next. Not ever, I tell myself. You were just a dream, too good to be true, but, unlike other dreams I have, this one will leave a mark. A large gash across my heart, One that wont be able to mend itself. It’s hard to forget about a broken heart, much like it’s hard to forget a broken bone. It’s just there, useless, in the way, hard to function with. So now that you’ve handicapped me, I will live useless for a while, broken and just there. Of course, I will heal sooner or later, but it will take time and perfect care. So now I say goodbye, so I can leave and heal sooner.

Emilytaylor said...
Thanks, eeveryone!!!! I'm a little new at sharing my poems, so it feels great that everyone seems to like it!!!!^.^

vazenitran98 said...
vazenitran98, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

"I had the blues because I had no shoes until upon the street,I met a man who had no feet."

I recall having the same exact feeling....

Def_Leppard_fan120 SILVER, Lake Lorane, Florida

If you want your dreams to come true, Make them come true. If you want to win, Make it a win.
The only one that is stopping you from accomplish your dreams is YOU.

Come check out my article it is called THE BATTLE by Def_Leopard_fan120 and leave a comment on what you thought about it

HiddenAngelInTheDark PLATINUM, Brooklyn, New York

Theres so many that I can't pick sorry

AWESOME ^_^

uhmmm said...
uhmmm, Selby, Other
Beautifully Emotional and the perfect length :)

Emilytaylor SILVER, Alvin, Texas

--Dr. Seuss

Thank you so much!

Micky21098 SILVER, Peoria, Arizona

To be perfect is to know your imperfections.
-Me (if you can believe it!)

Amazing!!!