The Way | Teen Ink

The Way

October 11, 2011
By findmeinyourheart7 GOLD, Pomona, New York
findmeinyourheart7 GOLD, Pomona, New York
13 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
Be a rainbow in someone else's cloud. - Maya Angelou.


I felt your breath, heavy against my neck. I felt your hands, palms cold from the overwhelming synthesis of froze bite and bizarre temperatures. I remember that December night. You knelt beside my window for minutes that turned to hours. As I slipped under the covers, I heard a faint taping from your position outside. I took your hand and held you tightly inside my arms. I feel your breath, heavy against my neck. I feel your hands, palms cold from the overwhelming synthesis of froze bite and bizarre temperatures. I feel the heat from my chest warming your heart. The way you whisper in the dark, and the way you hold me; it all seems to be a dream. And the kiss, the gentle, soft lips that caress my warm skin, feels so right. But now, I'm left with a faint memory of that night as we held each other under the silhouette of dream catchers. The fantasy started and ended that December night. You came as ephemeral as the setting sun and left just as the sun rose.