This Strange Love | Teen Ink

This Strange Love

September 13, 2011
By Ripley GOLD, Las Vegas, Nevada
Ripley GOLD, Las Vegas, Nevada
19 articles 4 photos 6 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person."
— Audrey Hepburn <------ I couldn't have said it better myself.


Promises were made to be broken. But it's really the final slice that cuts you deeply. The one that causes the most pain and suffering to yourself and the ones your care about. Almost like a never ending nightmare; only this never actually ends ( does that sound like oxy-moron or are you following?) I will always have to live with my consequences. Every cause has an effect and likewise. Love ends in heartbreak, life in death, and dreams in terror. It's all apart of the circle. But don't worry. I'm not going to break out singing like the Lion King. I mean, gosh, such a disambiguation! Or cliché for you less English inclinated persons.

Anyways, the point of this is: It hurt when Zeus cast me out. I was only one of the most important goddesses. Yet, no one ever heard of me. I mean, suck a duck. I am Raya: Goddess of song. In beauty Aphrodite is second only to myself. It's not my fault Zeus cast me out. His wicked wifey, Hera, decided that anyone who was a threat to her must go. And so, I was cast down to the mortal plane. It might not have been so terrible, had humanity not stopped believing in our Gods like a thousand years ago! Ugh, It makes me sick to hear my life called "myth" and the study "mythology". Oh, they will believe in a God who conquers and thirsts for all, but the loveliness of the Greeks must be cast out? Thousands of years back no one would have ever suggested such allotheism; It was simply unheard of.

Now, I am somewhere called Roundwood, on some Island called "Ireland". As well as that, I have anadipsia, and am being overshadowed by a very tallk man. He is gorgeous, almost like a god!

"An bhfuil cúnamh ag teastáil uait?" He asked

"Um, I'm sorry, I don't speak much..." I racked my brain for the language "Irish" I finished lamely.

"What are ya doin' here, in this tiny village? Do ya need some assistance?" He told me, accent tinging his words. Oh, sexy, I love humans with accents!


The author's comments:
It's not finished; A work in progress that I will doubt I should ever finish. Just wanted to post something.