The Dock | Teen Ink

The Dock

By Gyl1224 GOLD, Bethesda, Maryland
Gyl1224 GOLD, Bethesda, Maryland

Art is the only way to run away without leaving home -Twyla Tharp

“Draw me Marsy. How come you’ve never drawn a portrait of me all this time we’ve been friends?”

“I don’t know. You’ve never asked. Go ahead, sit down won’t you.” I gestured to the edge of the dock. It was sunset, and I felt that if he sat on the edge, the sun would beam on his face, illuminating it, highlighting his features.

“Like this? How do you want me to pose? I want this to be memorable Marsy, something special.” As he said this, he made a dramatic pose, trying to lighten up the mood.

“Ha,” I giggled, and stood up, walking towards him. “Alright Jack, don’t be alarmed, but I need to touch your face. It’s a trick my father taught me when I was young. Just hold still okay?” He stiffened his body, and held his head still. I reached out to graze my hand against his sharp jaw bone. I moved from his jaw to trace over his eyebrow, then down his short nose which, still curved up at the end. I ended by tracing my fingers lightly over his lips, outlining them. I felt his eyes boring into my head, and looked up from his lips and to his eyes. He stood up, still looking at me. He took my sketchbook from my hands, and placed it on the dock. As he rose again, to his full height, my breath was taken away by the deepness of his grey eyes. He glanced down at my lips, and then proceeded to lick his own. He cupped my cheek in the palm of his hand and brushed my lips with his thumb. I lifted my own hand and placed it at the base of his neck, twirling my fingers in his red curls. He leaned down and paused a breath away from kissing my lips. We stayed like this for some time, just in each others arms, not moving, just breathing. I was the first to pull away. I remembered that I had a boyfriend, who was very kind and would never forgive me if he saw me with Jack. Milo already had his suspicions about Jack and me. He always thought we were more than friends. “We’re just friends,” I would tell him over and over again.

“Jack, I have to go. Milo asked me to meet with him after dinner…” My arm fell from over his shoulder to my side, and I looked down, ashamed.

“Right…yes, Milo is looking for you, that’s actually what I came down here to tell you. He said that he wants to see you.” Jack looked down at his feet too, not daring to look at me.

“Right,” I picked my sketch book up from the dock and turned around right into his chest. “Oh, sorry,” we fumbled, trying to make way for each other. Finally I stepped to the side, and nodded my head. “Good night Jack.”

“Wait, Marsy,” Jack ran to catch up with me and I swiveled on one heel to face him.

“Yes?”

He looked at me, and bent down and brushed his lips lightly against mine. Unable to truly assess what was going on, I didn’t move. In fact, I kissed him back. He slowly pulled away to look deep into my eyes. “Good night Marsy.” He whispered in my ear.

Odessa_Sterling00 DIAMOND, No, Missouri

All gave some, some gave all. -War Veterans headstone.

Super cute!  I loved it!

Shelbs13 GOLD said...
Shelbs13 GOLD, White Plains, New York

I have too many to even name so I'm not even going to go there... lol

so um hey there. That was pretty good, but i have an issue. It would be highly appreciated if, as your blood cousin and basically sister, i should be the first to be notified instead of hearing of this through an email

Nice try tho ;)

Lmao it was amazing cuzzo. Speak to you soon

Gyl1224 GOLD said...
Gyl1224 GOLD, Bethesda, Maryland

Thank you, this is actually an excerpt from a short story i'm writing, so I'll post something else.

smilesunshine PLATINUM, Puyallup, Washington

"If you're lucky enough to be different from everyone else, don't change to be the same." ~Taylor Swift

This needs more!!!

I personally believe the Marsy belongs with Jack, and not Milo!

Wow. This was amazing!!! :)

Robsessed PLATINUM, McKinney, Texas

"I may be changed by what happens to me, but I refuse to be reduced by it." - Maya Angelou

"Did you know 'I told you so' has a brother, Jacob?" she asked cutting me off. "His name is 'Shut the hell up.'" - Bella Swan, Breaking Dawn

i second the sequel request. This was really good. There was an air of naturalness between the two characters that draws you in. good job.

SongAway BRONZE, Burton-Upon-trent, Other

"I need to find me a quote"??

Your work is nice and simple and I like how you don't get bogged down with the detail, mind the expression. I would definitely like to read more on this current situation. 

Good going!

Samantha_Ualani BRONZE, Columbia, Illinois

this is fabulous:)

i agree with Shrien..

i wanna sequel!

Shrien PLATINUM, Brooklyn, New York

"When one door closes, another one opens"

Dont leave me hanging! 

SEQUEL PLEASE!

btw:

it was awesome! :)

BrownEyedGirl GOLD, San Antonio, Texas

If life were easy, where is the adventure?
If you never leap, you will never know what it is like to fly.

That was so good!  write a second story to this one!  I want to know what happens!