Sugar is Sweet and so are you. | Teen Ink

Sugar is Sweet and so are you.

By TheBeautifuUglyStupidJerk SILVER, Blue River, Oregon
TheBeautifuUglyStupidJerk SILVER, Blue River, Oregon

My plain blue eyes flashed innocently as Isaiah raised his pale eyebrows. His pearly pink lips gave me a soft, lopsided smile. His pale arms wrapped around my waist. I stood on my trembling toes and gave him a quick kiss. Pulling my red hair back, I gave Izzy a smirk.

“Oh, c’mon Rose,” Izzy groaned. “You lost the bet.”

“Did not. I’m Phoebe Rose Evaine the best!” I retorted. I itched under my eyes where light freckles were sprinkled. I puckered my lips with attitude and crossed my pale, freckled arms angrily. “Don’t make me pout.”
“You already are,” Izzy whispered rolling his perfect violet eyes. “I will never give you twenty bucks. You’d probably go spend it on another skateboard.”
I stuck my tongue out and walked away from the pale grey lockers. I held my books close to my chest keeping my head high. I knew Iz hated it.

I could feel his gaze staring into my back. His cold hand touched my sleeve covered shoulder. He turned me around gently so I was once again face to face with the one that made me crazy. “Iz-“
He put a finger to my lips. Oh, God was he even real? He’s like a million times hotter than a freaking Greek god! I remember those words form Lucille, and me when we first saw Jeremiah. Gosh, but Izzy was so much more. His skin was so flawless and his white blonde hair always covered one unbelievable violet eye. I was his rose and he was my violet. “Roses are red, violets are blue,” I whispered, so he couldn’t hear. I think Iz did, though.

‘’ I love you,” Izzy finished. His smile lingered on his face so long I though it would stick.

“Sugar is sweet…and so are you.”

“I love you.” He said it again.

“Well, I love you too,” I said. I reached in his jean pocket looking for twenty bucks. “Are you kidding me, no money?”
He rolled his eyes. That’s right Phoebe; don’t ruin romantic moment because your freaking boyfriend owes you twenty bucks!
“Roses are red, and Violets are Blue, I love you. Sugar is sweet and so are you, I love you and I love you too. Aren’t we poets?” I joked. I knew it was a lame poem, so I laughed hysterically in my head. Thank God Isaiah can’t read my mind; nobody needs to know what goes on in there.
---
I held in my fingers a delicate red rose, bloodied colored petals softly tingling against my skin. The stem’s thrown hungrily breaking my skin, searching for my blood. Izzy walked out and my heart stopped.

I started this piece, when I heard the saying "roses are red and violets are blue."

thank youuuuus :O

Twixychick BRONZE, Mckenzie Bridge, Oregon

"We say hate like it's a strong word, but we throw love around like it's nothing." -Anonomyous

Such voice, beautiful, with a twist of comedy! Loved it, very entertaining, it was a great excerpt!