Dark Shadow Chapter 4 | Teen Ink

Dark Shadow Chapter 4

By Amaria GOLD, Phoenix, Arizona
Amaria GOLD, Phoenix, Arizona

"Being unique is being true to yourself"

Broken three times so far I needed peace. And all of a sudden I collapsed to the floor.
*

*

*

I could hear voices, some familiar some new to me. But I could hear more clearly my mom.
“Peter! Get in here get your sister she fainted. Wait what are you doing?” I didn’t here anything else; it was like something was covering my ears. I could smell something very sweet and it was close to me. It was a new smell for me as well. I felt myself being carried, was Peter the one that smelled this good? I opened my eyes. To my surprise it wasn’t peter it was Miguel!
“Miguel put me down right now! Don’t touch me! Get away from me! I’m dirty.” I whispered at the end even though he said the opposite to me all the time.
“Your not dirty at all and no I am not putting you down.” My mom had stopped screaming and everyone was quiet. Miguel took me all the way to my bedroom. When we got inside he closed the door and locked it!
“What are you doing?! You can’t just lock the door! I don’t want to hear what you want to tell me!” I walked over to my bed and sat down. He waited a while than he saw that I had calmed down so he began to talk again.
“Maria, I’m sorry. I didn’t want you to hear that. I didn’t want to hurt you. And what you heard was…”
“No!!” I covered my ears, I didn’t want to hear it, but how I remembered what he said. No I don’t want to hear it again not even in my head! But it was to late I remembered what he had said: ‘I can’t believe she’s at my house! I don’t want her here I want her away from me.’ That memory made tears come to my eyes.
“Fine, than we won’t talk about it. But I am really sorry!” why did he follow me? He didn’t want me near him and I wanted to get away.
“Miguel, why did you come after me? I know you didn’t want me near you so why are you here?” I really didn’t want to remember what had happened but I needed answers.
“I came to tell you that I want to be your friend. I didn’t mean what I said. It’s just that I’m not someone you should hang out with.” What?! So what I can’t hang out with him but Rita could?!
“I understand. Form now on I don’t know you and you don’t know me. we have nothing that can or does ties us together. Now leave please I need to be alone.” How could I do this?! I can’t pretend I don’t know him, when all I do is think about him!
“Okay I’ll leave, but one more thing, don’t tell your mom and dad the truth. You know about me not being your boyfriend and all. Oh and nothing happened to you. Stephan didn’t do what he wanted to do. I swear.”
“I believe you.” I can’t believe I said that! But somewhere deep down in my heart I knew that I would believe in anything he told me. After al he had saved me. Wonder what happened to Stephan? Was he hurt? I would love to see him hurt, since he tried to hurt me. Oh! No! I had school tomorrow, what was I going to do when people asked me why I was absent?! Was Miguel also absent? Maybe I could tell them that I was sick, or I was harmed…my head hurt!
“Maria?” I looked up to see Miguel still in my room. Why hadn’t he left?
“About school, I sort of told them- you know the people who really needed to be told- that you and I were going on a trip for a few weeks. I guess news does fly around fast. So everyone sort of thinks that we’re dating. If you want- so you don’t have to explain- you can just say that we are dating. Oh and about Stephan, don’t worry he learned a very valuable lesson. He won’t hurt you or anyone else ever again.” I nodded.
“Thanks Miguel, for everything especially for saving me. I don’t know what I would do without you. So thanks.” He nodded without saying a word.
“Oh and I think I will take you up on that offer. I’ll pretend to be your girlfriend, oh but you have to tell your real girlfriend.” My face must have shown how sad I was that I was the fake and not the real one. I needed him to leave before I started to cry all over again.
“Well thanks again, and bye.”
“Bye.” He left my room then and the tears fell down.