Dear You, ... | Teen Ink

Dear You, ...

By StrongHeartx BRONZE, Cape Coral, Florida
StrongHeartx BRONZE, Cape Coral, Florida
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

"It is better to be hated for who you are, then to be loved for someone you are not."

Dear You,
I don't know how to begin this letter, I've been sitting here for what seems like a century trying to find the exact words to write. I'm very positive I should begin with I'm sorry. Trust me, I swear if I could I'd write everything I ever did to hurt you, make you walk out of the room slamming the door behind you, or make you think you didn't want to be with me for even a second. I go back to the night we fell in love all the time. You went to the carnival with the same people as me. I didn't really know you that well, I had only talked to you a couple times before since we had classes together. We shared the same friends, but we were different. A bad kind of different. So, I tried to stay away from you. You were drunk, and falling all over me. I thought to myself, I could never see myself with someone like this. Then, you looked at me. I don't know how you did it, but you melted my heart. I kissed you, and you tasted so badly of cigarettes but I secretly liked it. From that night on, we were the couple everyone talked about. I remember clearly, alot of the disagreements we had. Some were over the silliest things, and some were over the biggest. The times I'd just completely ignore your calls, not wanting to fight anymore. But you'd keep calling anyways, waiting until I would finally pick up just to say you love me. Like last spring when we got in that argument at school, over another guy you thought I liked. You screamed at me, going on about how you didn't know what to do with me anymore. I screamed back, telling you to just go ahead and break my heart. We ignored each other the whole class period, until you saw me crying. I couldn't help it, I just didn't want want to loose you. You apologized, and whispered in my ear "Don't ever think I'm going to break your heart, ever." and then you kissed me. We've had our bad times, just like everybody else. But we've also had a hand full of good times too. I remember the first time we kissed, we both missed. I turned red, and said "Let's try again?" and we both got it right the second time. All those times you spent the night, and we watched comedy central until five in the morning telling jokes, and going outside to look at the stars while eating our favorite ice cream. When we'd lay down on my bed, and stare at each other for hours and hours like we had nowhere to be and nothing to do. No matter what, you always gave me butterflies. Just today I realized ... whenever I cry it's not because I'm thinking of all our bad memories, or even the good ones. I think of everything, as if it were giant flashback. The thing is never fully understood you. I could never figure you out. You were the bad boy, the one everyone was always talking about. You always back talked teachers, and were getting suspended from school almost every couple weeks. You'd go out with your friends, and get drunk. You smoked like there was no tomorrow, and you didn't get along with anybody. Yes, I did see that side. But, I'd also seen your other side. The sensitive and beyond amazing one. One thing that always bothered me was you never opened up to me, and if you did it was barely anything. You were so confusing, yet so intoxicating. So sometime's it was tough for me to understand exactly what you wanted, or were feeling. I don't know if this makes sense, but I knew it was over from the beginning. I just never wanted to admit it out loud. But in my head, I just knew. I loved you, but it was to complicated, and we both had no idea what the h*** we were doing. When it comes down to it, we both made mistakes. And we both did things we can't take back. But, I'm the one who messed it up. I'm sorry for the lies I told and the times I got upset for no reason. None of those things were worth it. As I write this letter to you, tears are falling from cheeks onto the paper. I don't want to start over either. I want those tear stains, to show you how much my heart is breaking right now. When I found out you were in the hospital, I was worried. When I found why you were in the hospital, I ran into my room and screamed into my pillow for five minutes straight. Tears were pouring from my eyes, and I felt this big lump rising in the back of my throat. My heart was burning, and it stung my chest horribly. A seizure. I never thought you'd have a seizure. They said you had a reaction to something you were smoking, and it just happened. I wanted to visit you, or call you. But, we haven't talked in five months. And you swear on everything you have that you hate me. Which kills me deep down, but I pretend it doesn't. I've taken every little tiny feeling, thought, and memory and put it into the best words I could. I've worked all night on this, wondering what you'd think when you got this. The worst part? You'll never get this, because I won't ever have the guts to send it. But I love you. And even though you'll never hear me say it again, I hope you always remember that. I'm glad your still here, and that nothing worse happened. Every once in awhile I secretly break my no peeking rule, and look at your profile anyways. I smile when I see your happy, and I cry when I see your sad. Maybe one day, just one day ... we can make things right again. Until then, I'll always be thinking about you. Always.
Sincerely,
Me.

This is based on a true story, about something that happened in my life. I didn't know how to take my emotions out, so I turned to writing.

amykins BRONZE said...
amykins BRONZE, Carrollton, Texas

We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.

i really liked this but it was so sad! i really wished it ended happily with you visiting him at the hospital and y'all falling back in love, i'm sorry i just really like happy endings! But your writing is really good so definitely keep writing!

Diana101 GOLD said...
Diana101 GOLD, Grove City, Ohio

"God's delays are not God's denials"

This story was wonderful!! I actually cried when I read it. It was just so touching, and full of emotion. I loved it:)

Could you check out my story?

IWriteToFeel SILVER, Youshouldntknow, Ohio

Oh my god. this is rediculously good! I do the same thing to get out my emotions, I write! This shows such true love you have for him and I really hope you guys get back together, it seems like what you two have been through together means you can make it through basically anything!! 

keep writing, this is incredible!! (:

ris829 SILVER said...
ris829 SILVER, Northidge, California

"Live as if your dying"

Wow this was amazing, this reminds me of a letter I wrote to my ex. I still love him so much, but I knew from the beginning tht it was over.

You must write more!!!! And if you could, could you read my story, it's called Broken Heart

TerraTAZz GOLD said...
TerraTAZz GOLD, Sapulpa, Oklahoma

Nobody goes through life without a scar.

-carol burnett

Absolutly loveeeeedd this!! It reminds me of a relationship i was in for two years. I can totally relate to the girl in the story!! Keep writing you are amazingggggg!!