Please don't go.. | Teen Ink

Please don't go..

By inyourhead SILVER, Springs, Ohio
inyourhead SILVER, Springs, Ohio

I'm not afraid, I have no reason to be afraid.We've been together for so long, I know exactly what's going to happen...don't I?

Nick was squatted down over his sofa table, eating some pretzels and swishing Mt.Dew down his throat. I marched over and interloped him with a friendy "hello" hug. We talked generously about our days and how we both were. When things were quiet and Nick was focused on the T.V. I leaned over and stared at his familar features. The blue eyes, short buzzed hair, strong jaw, and smooth tone.

"What's wrong?" he said suddenly, so quickly in fact that my daze was just interupted.

"Nothing, just looking at you."

"No I know you, so please tell what is on your mind."he was determined to find out.

"I-ii really don't think it's a good idea."

"Emily, come on."

"Okay...I want to go Friday.." I managed to gulp out.

He sat silently on the couch, not moving, not saying a word. Nick got up and left me in the living room.Alone.I sat there for a while contemplating exactly what I needed to say to get him to allow me to go to the party. Just one little innocent party in town.

When I finally had enough courage to try and find him in the rest of the house, I succeeded in finding him on his knees with his head down on his bed.

"Please don't be angry...I know I said I wouldn't go..but I mean your going out of state. I don't want to sit at home. Plus Casey and I have had these plans for so long. Okay well maybe a few days, but still! Don't you trust me?" I pleaded. I begged for his acceptance.

He didn't say a word, he crouched there. Unmoving, speechless. He apparently didn't like the idea of me sitting next to him, because when I started to sit down he went into the kitchen and assumed the same position on the counter.

"You can't ignore me Nick! This is helping nothing!"

Nick looked over at me, and as always said nothing. His eyes were cold, hard, and red from his hands being pressed into them. He got up and left me alone. Again. This time he went into the bathroom. I didn't exaclty know if I was suppose to go in after him this time, but the door wasn't closed to I slowly kicked it open.He was sitting on the closed toliet, face in his hands, balling. The grief and regret came all at once. I went over and hugged him, and tried to get him to talk to me. It was then that he became angry. He got up and walked back to his room.

"Do you not trust me?!"

Nick turned around and looked at me, now with anger.

All at once it became extremely loud.

"I'VE TOLD YOU THIS BEFORE. I TRUST YOU, I DO NOT TRUST OTHER PEOPLE AROUND YOU."

"I'm not going to let anyone touch me!"

" WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO ME. IF YOU WERE GOING OUT OF TOWN I WOULD NEVER EVER DO THIS TO YOU! "

" Yeah that's why it's been done before, right?"

He grabbed his doorknob and slammed it back into the wall, creating a dent.

"Emily I love you. Please JUST DON'T DO THIS TO ME. SOMETHING BAD IS GOING TO HAPPEN. I KNOW IT I CAN FEEL IT. SOMEONE IS TRYING TO BREAK US UP OR SOMETHING!"

I was speechless, was this really why he didn't want me to go?

As Nick sat down on the bed, while punching it all at once, I collapsed beside him.

"You just don't understand."

"Really.Really.REALLY? Well please enlighten me. I would love to know why you like breaking my heart."He started to tear up again, and layed his head on a pillow.

"When you left, there was noone. No friends, no people. Because we ditched out on all the parties. ALL of it.. I don't want to be alone. I don't want that again incase you leave."

It was slient for a while, all you could hear was the thumping and short breaths between us.

"I'm not going to leave. My feelings are stronger about you than they ever have been." He confessed.

I rolled over and put my arms around his neck, and my head on his shoulder.

"Please don't go..."I managed to say.

He weeped, he cried harder then ever. While I clung to him, hard and deep.

"I'm not going anywhere. Anywhere at all. Just please don't go to that party."

"Fine."

The night the party came I sat at home with Casey. We were angry at whoever was to blame.

My phone rang, and it was a text from Nick.

"Please don't go.."