A different kind of love | Teen Ink

A different kind of love

By JohnnyDeppLover123 DIAMOND, Holyoke, Massachusetts
JohnnyDeppLover123 DIAMOND, Holyoke, Massachusetts

Be not afraid of greatness: some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them.
William Shakespeare

My love for you is much different than the love between two lovers. I do absolutely love you, so don’t get me wrong or anything. To show my love I won’t kiss you on your lips but I will hug you, kiss you on the cheek, and tell you how much I love you. Everyone knows I love you very dearly but not in “that” kind of way.

I remember when I first met you. We were both in the same class and eating lunch at the same table. It all started in kindergarten. We talked about our favorite animals but back then we would say “aminals” instead (hee, hee, hee!). That’s the day I met you and that day changed my life. We took our nap right next to each other and cuddled with each as well as with our big and stuffed puppy dogs. We both sucked our thumbs and fell into a quick sleep.

You would always stick up for me when they would make fun of me and as did I when they would do it to you. No matter what we would stay together-practically in-separable. Others would be jealous of how we would always laugh with each other. We loved each other so much that words couldn’t describe how we felt for each other.

I would always invite you over to my house and have the greatest parties ever. Whenever I needed help with something you would help as did I with you. You were always the person I got advice from and would always talk to and waste all my minutes on. We always had something to talk about. We never I mean never had one single fight because we understood each other and had everything in common.

You were always the one person I wanted to talk to no matter what. You always had something to say and would always tell me how pretty I am and as did I to you. All of our years to together brought us so much closer and made me love you somewhere along the way.

But now I miss you most for I will never be able to do any of those things with you ever again because your dead. I wish I could hug you, kiss you on the cheek and say I love you. You were the bestest friend anyone could ever have. I’ll always love you but a different kind of love.

There are all different kinds of love and this one to me is the most special!!! : ]