Dear Jules, Letter One. | Teen Ink

Dear Jules, Letter One.

By WeetzieBat PLATINUM, Dallas, Texas
WeetzieBat PLATINUM, Dallas, Texas

"OW! Stop pulling my ear! THIS TIME I KNOW WHAT I'M DOING!!!"

“Dear Jules,” I read aloud, savoring the words that danced across my lips. I had kept these letters from Tyler, my love. He had sent them such a long time ago, it was almost hard to remember those times. But I managed anyways, hoping that maybe, just maybe, I could keep him alive by reading these letters.

He had always called me Jules. Everyone else said “Julianne”, but Tyler loved to call me Jules. I always felt like something was glowing inside me when he said Jules... I missed his voice, calling me to him. I missed him calling me to bed, and stroking my hair. He would always tell me stories about the war. Amazing stories, that he had seen first hand. Tyler always found a way to get on leave, and then come home, just to be with me and tell me these stories.

Tyler would lull me to sleep with stories of heroic deeds, near death experiences, and gratitude to his platoon mates. His hand would rest on my cheek, and softly stroke it. Those were amazing times...just having him with me, holding me. We were so perfect together. Like two halves of a heart put together.

Reading these letters made me feel so much better, as I'd felt such great loss when he died...

Letter One.

Dear Jules,

I miss you so much it hurts. I hate that I'm fighting out here, and unable to talk to you often. Be strong for me, be sure to visit my dad a lot. He really likes you! Says you're now one of his favorite people. Oh Jules, I wonder how you're doing! I know you can't write letters back as fast as I can get them to you, so it's okay.

You know, the guys out here are really jealous I have a girl back home. They think I'm going to get lots of “love” when I get home. Haha, you should meet some of them. They really are nice, just a little quirky. But I guess after years of fighting a losing war... you start to change. I won't change though Jules. I'll be your solid rock.

We did more training today. Looked for dangerous weapons around... Every second I was fearing for my life, and then, I began to fear for you. If we don't win out here, I'll make sure I get back, and defend you with every last breath I have. But if I specifically lose, I'll send you letters I've written. I've written one for each day, so if anything should happen, my platoon mates can send them to you.

This is so stressful Jules. I'm already fearing for my life, and I feel so un-manly! I should be strong, I should be a fighter, but instead I'm like a kindergartener hiding from the noise... I love you Jules. Stay safe my love.

Love,

Tyler Druaon.

If you all like this one, I will keep putting letters up. Please give me ratings and feedback, so I can give you more letters. This is my little love story, between a man at war, and his love back home. I started all of this before I read "Dear John" and I felt like a copycat, but I just want you to know I started first =P

its_me GOLD said...
its_me GOLD, San Mateo, California
i love the idea of this!

would you mind giving me feedback on some of my stories? i'd really appreciate it!

beccabex24 said...
beccabex24, Searingtown, New York

Be who you are and say who you feel, because those who mind dont matter, and those who matter dont mind.

continue them.... they are really cute. i just thik they need to have a little more love in them