possible yes | Teen Ink

possible yes

January 20, 2010
By BrittneyCloud SILVER, Albuquerque, New Mexico
BrittneyCloud SILVER, Albuquerque, New Mexico
7 articles 0 photos 29 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Dont tell me the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon!"


I didnt know things would change so suddenly. I just went without even thinking falling in love was possible. I didnt even know him. But i wanted to know him now.
"You suck at bowling." he said after i had completely missed every single pin.
"I never claimed to be good." i teased back. He laughed, and bowled a strike. He seemed to be good at everything. Talking, bowling, and flirting perhaps?
I glanced to my side just to get a peek of him. He was smiling. Messing around with my cousin. Boys. I dont know why violence was such a great thing for them.
"Bailey," my cousin called. "you're up."
"ok," i smiled. I could do this. This wasnt actually bowling. You didnt need any real skills to use a wii. I felt like an idiot trying to focus on such an easy game. Just to impress a boy who was.... I glanced around.
Not even here.
I sighed, and just did my turn. I tried not to think to much about him and where he had gone. Wasn't my business. I was dying from curiosity. He rounded the corner then smirking at me when i'd been caught staring. He plopped down in the seat to my right.
"You gonna sit here by yourself all night?" he asked leaning foreward onto his elbows.
"That's a possible yes." i mumbled not meeting his gaze. i didnt really want to be alone, but i didnt want to tell him that either.
"You gonna at least come watch the ball drop with me?"
Did i hear that right? he said with me. Not with us. I smiled.
"You know i think i might be able to do that." i joked. Joking was good. I sounded less nervous that way.
"You're pretty when you smile like that." he noted. I blushed looking at my feet.
"You dont mean that." i spit out. why did i say that?
He frowned, leaning back a little. "I wouldnt say it if i didnt think so." he said looking confused.
Shut up Bailey! I commanded myself. I was gonna ruin this before it even got started.
"Right," i agreed nervously. He smiled slightly. Even the simplness of it made my heart skip. I wonder what would happen to it if he were to touch me? would it beat its way out of my chest? that seemed very possible to me.
"So. . . You coming then?"
"Huh?" i asked coming back from the deep thoughts in my head.
"To watch the ball drop you coming?" he repeated.
"Oh, right. Yes." i blurted. I got up awkwardly and followed him into the living room. i sat next to him on the couch. The count down started.
"Five, four, three, two, one!" we all chanted together. The ball dropped and everyone cheered.
"Do i get a new years kiss?" he asked leaning toward me.
"That's a possible yes." i said, and pressed my lips to his.