Love Letter | Teen Ink

Love Letter

September 24, 2009
By TVgirl2011 BRONZE, Iberia, Missouri
TVgirl2011 BRONZE, Iberia, Missouri
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Do not let your fire go out, spark by irreplacable spark. In the hopeless swamps of the not quite, the not yet, and the not at all, do not let the hero in your soul perish and leave only frustration for the life you deserved, but never have been able to reach. The world you desire can be won, it exists, it is real, it is possible, it is yours.
*Ayn Rand


Dear Boy,
I want an epic love. A love that books are written about, a love that fits perfectly across guitar strings so musicians can write great songs about it. I want a hero, someone extraordinary, who will save me from villains or from myself. I want a love where I have to lose it just once, so I’ll know how hard to fight for it. I want a love that’s flawed, because those are the ones that are perfect. I want a love that’s always young and always fun no matter how old we grow. I want a love that is witty and bright; a love that is always new and keeps me guessing.
So I guess what I’m asking you, boy, whoever you turn out to be...Can you be all these things for me? Can you be my epic hero, who’s flawed and always young? Can you be my love who is witty and keeps me guessing? I hope you can because if I haven’t already made it obvious, I’m searching for you. And I’m counting on you to be my kind of love.






Searching,







Girl

The author's comments:
This piece was inspired by different character's love stories that I've been reading in books and watching on T.V.