You Decided My Fate | Teen Ink

You Decided My Fate

By MusicLover2012 SILVER, Beloit, Kansas
MusicLover2012 SILVER, Beloit, Kansas

Nathaniel Ayers: Beauty is art; music is beauty.

Nathaniel Ayers: You can't hold down angels.

Steve Lopez: A year ago, I met a man who was down on his luck and thought I might be able to help him. I don't know th

There were so many times that I wanted to just run up to you and kiss you. There was just one problem: I didn't know how you would react.
Would you shrink away and talk to your friends about it, making me look like the idiot? Or would you embrace your chance at telling someone that you love them? Letting them know that in this world there really is someone who cares for them?
You see, I don't know you that well. Sure we talked every now and then. But it wasn't very much. And that one time we texted each other, and at first you didn't know who it was, you were open and free with your thoughts. But when you found out it was me, you have never answered a text from me since.
I would ask you to go with me to the Homecoming Dance, or to wear your jersy at the Homecoming game.
But I still don't know you.
Here's a question I doubt you will ever answer. If I was to die today in some kind of freak accident would you remember me tomorrow as the girl who tried to be your friend? Or would you remeber me as the girl who was shy arond you and you were being to idiotic to see that the reason I was so quiet was because I liked you? I guess I'll never know.
Because you see, two days ago we had the Homecoming game. We won of course. you were playing. And last night was the Homecoming Dance. Did you dance with me? No. No one did. I was a wallflower that night.
So you see, even without your knowing, you decided my fate.
Goodbye my friends, I hope you remebr me...

Rainbowmadhatter, Reno, Nevada

i know exactly how this feels....why because im living this right now..

luckly i love all of my friends and i have some really great ones that wont let me

have the same fate as your character

i creid during this..especailly at the end

because belive it or not..some poeple just dont understand it

but this is the awful truth

how it really feels..

terrific job

i can 100000% relate

ive learned something though

hang on to what you have..dont let something you dont get in the wa of what you do have

it will screw up anything and everything

remmeber that people

i would know

ive been there

and i dont ever plan on going back again....

or so i hope i wont

cause sometimes thats all we cna do...

hope..and hang on tight..

Hippiechick10 SILVER, One Stoplight Town, Connecticut

Those who deny freedom to others , deserve it not for themselves. (Abe Lincoln)

Wow! Great work- sad, truthful, and amazing!

that waz dope!!YO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kurairamen SILVER, Charlotte, North Carolina
I swear I've had a similar situation in which I was the girl who was about to share the same fate with her...

MusicLover2012 SILVER, Beloit, Kansas

yeah she killed her self. there are other comments on here you should read those as well

marky mark said...
did she die or no?!

MusicLover2012 SILVER, Beloit, Kansas

yeah she did. the texting part actually happened.

pndze said...
Oh wow. That was amazing! It was so fabulous. I have one question, though (don't feel bad, it just takes me awhile to understand stuff): Did she kill herself in the end? I was a little bit confused. It reminded me of this really great book I read called "Thirteen Reasons Why" by Jay Asher. It's cool. Keep up the great writing!

emmatheballerina GOLD, Tacoma, Washington

"It is not in our greatest glory in never falling, but in rising everytime we fall"
"I use to want the words "she tried" on my tombstone, now I want "she did it"

That was very good. I like the imagery a lot and it was a piece I am sure many people could relate to.

BrooklynnBlue BRONZE, Simi Valley, California
This is really good. I love this:)

SeeTheStars BRONZE, Sammamish, Washington

"An American monkey, after getting drunk on brandy, would never touch it again, and thus is much wiser than most men"
-Charles Darwi

Definitely everyone can relate to this. Superrr well written, cause you were good at making me feel the actual emotions, you know? very good :)

windblossom said...
windblossom, Hyderabad, Other

"The caterpillar does all the hard work, but the butterfly gets all the publicity"

well written! its a story we can relate to well!! :)!