Rocking Past it All | Teen Ink

Rocking Past it All

By RebeccaJoy DIAMOND, Springville, New York
RebeccaJoy DIAMOND, Springville, New York

"Sometimes it's kinda fun to do the impossible." -Walt Disney
"Go live your dream"-Disney's Tangled

The new room smells of fresh paint. Little butterflies are pasted around the framework, and flowers are blooming in the corners.

A crib, a swing, a box full of toys, a changing table, a closet and a rocking chair. Each filled with miniature items. All of them reflecting shades of pink and lavender.

The father and mother came home after a night full of panic, excitement and fear. Kiana Mae was her name. Her mother was overwhelmed with the anticipation of having her first child.

She had worked the hardest on the rocking chair, knowing it would hold many memories in the years to come.

When her and her husband got home that night she wandered into the pale room. The rocking chair sitting in the corner with a blanket and stuffed lamb. Gingerly picking up the lamb, and wrapping the cool blanket around it she sat, and cried softly.

Her husband came in, trying to get her to come to bed. He wanted to comfort her. He knew she was hurt, just as much as he, but more. Sitting in the chair she could only think about how it was supposed to hold blissful memories. Now it will just be a reminder of what is reality.

"Go live your dream"-Disney's Tangled

thanks so much. I really enjoyed writting this piece. I'm glad  you liked it

SophiaWood GOLD, New City, New York
Aww its so sad. beutiful. nice tone to it and mood. i love it