Ps, It's too late. | Teen Ink

Ps, It's too late.

February 16, 2011
By Jesse-Marie- PLATINUM, Freehold, New Jersey
Jesse-Marie- PLATINUM, Freehold, New Jersey
46 articles 0 photos 9 comments

Favorite Quote:
"To love is to live. Without love, what is life?"


I pulled at my pony tail. Long, brown hair flowed down to my waist. I studied myself in the mirror. "Perfect," I whispered slowly. The pony covered up the bald patches, the turtle neck covered the pale skin, the sleeves protected my wounds, and the makeup distracted wondering eyes. I sighed. Do I honestly have to live like this? In fear of what people might say when they find out? I looked at my shoes. Osiris sneakers, black and blue. My favorite, worn out pair. I looked at my jeans, bland with a cute belt. Soon, people might ponder how I changed.

The hair spray held the life into my hair. The tighter fitting clothes concealed the constant weight loss. The sleeves covered up my gashes...

I sighed slowly and grabbed my book bag and purse. I looked for some dark lipstick and lip gloss. I found some cover girl lip volume s*** and applied it. "Hopefully it could cover this girl." I giggled at my stupid joke. I walked out of my room. I stomped down the steps into the kitchen. My mom turned around and looked at me.


"Oh Jessica, are you sure you don't want to tell anyone?" Mom asked. I looked at my nails and picked them. I was surprised at how easy it was to break off bits of my nails. I sighed slowly.

"Mom, I can't deal with the pity." I said slowly.
"Well, some people will start to assume things.."
"Mom, I'll be fine. Just let me live this month in peace."

A single tear ran down her cheek. I knew I shouldn't of said that...
"Oh, I'm sorry mom." I said quietly. Mom sniffled and turned around.
"I made you some bread and cereal." She told me.
"Thanks mom." I said. I knew this food wouldn't do me any good. Most likely food I eat in the morning ends up in the trash. Most of the time.
I took a bite, and another.
I felt better. I felt worth something.

"Don't puke it up." Mom stated. I rolled my eyes.
"I won't." I said quickly. We hugged for a while. I smiled.

"Mom, I love you." I said quietly. Soon, it would be too late to say these words.