Middle School Sucks....Love Sucks More-Part 3 | Teen Ink

Middle School Sucks....Love Sucks More-Part 3

By DallysGrrl PLATINUM, Middlesex, New Jersey
DallysGrrl PLATINUM, Middlesex, New Jersey

"Ryan!"
Garret was waving Ryan over to us. I was still annoyed about Weston, so I didn't bother to look Ryan's way.
"Hey, Garret," he said.
I wish Weston wasn't so stereotypical, I thought as I tuned out the boys. I mean, guys like Weston were never my type.
But, then again, wasn't handsome every girl's type?
Garret nodded and gestured to me, breaking me out of my reverie. "This is Kait. Kait, this is Ryan."
"Yeah," I said, not too politely, "I know." Couldn't I just physco analize Weston in peace?
Garret looked from me to Ryan questioningly. Ryan interceded way too nicely, saying, "We've met."
I didn't have the patience for this. All of a sudden, I was even more frustrated.
"I'm hungry," I said, "I'm gonna go eat."
As I turned on my heel, I heard Ryan start, "What-"
Garret shook his head. "She's all broken up over this guy..."
I stormed to the lunch room in a huff.

* * * *

"Someone's in a bad mood," Cindy said to me as we walked to Honor's Language Arts.
"Yeah," I fumed. I couldn't hold it in anymore. "I hate Justine and I hate Weston for liking Justine and making me like him and I hate myself for being mad at Weston for liking Justine and making me like him. I want to blame them but I can't. This is my fault."
Cindy rolled her eyes like Garret so often did and smiled at me knowingly. "It's not your fault that you like Weston. You can't control who you like."
"Doesn't mean I haven't tried."
I wished things were easier. I wished that Weston liked me back or, better yet, I didn't like Weston at all. I wished that I liked someone else.
Ryan popped into my head, but I shook him off. I barely knew the kid. I couldn't even remember what he looked like at the moment. All I could think of was Weston's cocky, handsome face. And how much I hated him for being so gorgeous.
But, for some reason, I kept hearing Ryan's name repeated over and over in my head. It was giving me a headache.
"You okay?" Cindy asked me after a second or two.
I nodded, and Ryan's name was replaced by Weston's. Weston, Weston, Weston....

* * * *

When I got home, I went straight upstairs to my room and flopped down on my bed. I didn't want to do my homework or watch TV or do ANYTHING. All I wanted to do was lay down and scream into my pillow at the top of my lungs.
But I was rudely inturrupted by my cell phone buzzing violently. I checked it. Garret. MEET ME BY THE PARK IN 10. ;)
I sighed and sent him back a message. CANT. HOMEWK. SRRY. :(
As soon as I rested my head back on my pillow, I got another message. It was from Cindy.
DONT EVEN TRY THAT, she said. I KNO UR NOT DOING HOMEWK. GET DOWN HERE. GROUP MEETING.
I sat up and sent back another text.
FINE. B THERE SOON.
There was just no arguing with Cindy, so I put on some lipgloss, put my shoes back on, went back downstairs and walked out the door, telling my mom I was meeting with Garret and Cindy and that I'd be back soon.
I wish I could've warned my mom what was going to keep me out for three hours. But even i wouldn't have guessed it.

Fourth edition coming soon!

kenzie2014 BRONZE, N/A, Illinois

"But sadly I was born in the era where a 'Good Morning' text is the most romantic gesture ever."

OHMIIGOSH I LOVEIT!<3 you have to write another part to it. im addicted