I know. | Teen Ink

I know.

By JillianNora SILVER, Forest Park, Illinois
JillianNora SILVER, Forest Park, Illinois

"Do not let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity." -1 Timothy 4:12

I know his favorite color. I know what size jeans he wears. I've pet-sit his black lab since he got it from the animal shelter 12 years ago. I know about the penny he's had in his pocket since second grade for good luck. I know that his hero is his Uncle Peter and that he joined the Navy for 8 months. I know it was in honor of his uncle.

I know he could listen to OneRepublic for hours on end and why he never liked to watch baseball games. I know he loves the smell of pine trees. I know he eats cereal every morning for breakfast no matter what. I know the kind of sushi he likes and milk he prefers to drink. It's skim.

I know he loves the color red on me. I know he's been my best friend since he moved next door to me back in kindergarten. I know he's never let me down. I know his phone number by heart and that he's number one on my speed dial. I know I can call him anytime; to fix
my TV or to talk about work.

I know he's here with me now. I know he asked me
a question. I know now, as I stare into his deep blue eyes, that I have my answer. I know he's down on one knee, waiting. I know I have to speak. So I whisper,
"Yes."

PrudenceFang BRONZE, Herriman, Utah

"Life isn't worth living unless you believe in something."

Great piece. It's sweet. He asked her a question, down on one knee. Awwww. :)

lucybrown SILVER, Blacksburg, Virginia

The wastebasket is a writer's best friend. ~Isaac Bashevis Singer

First things first, but not necessarily in that order. ~ From Doctor Who

:)  Short and sweet- I love the ending and all the description that leads up to it.  Wonderful piece.

MaddieWo PLATINUM, Marstons Mills, Massachusetts

"If I'd a knowed more, I would a loved more." -Pilate Dead, Song of Solomon

I love it :D

At first I didn't know where it was going.. then when it said something about being on a knee I was like awhhh so perfect :)