Papa G. | Teen Ink

Papa G.

By Moonlight14 PLATINUM, Mechanic Falls, Maine
Moonlight14 PLATINUM, Mechanic Falls, Maine

'To love is to destroy' - The Mortal instruments
If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
What the French, Toast?!

“I’m telling you guys! My Grand-dad is the best!” Jake screamed, “We were on his motorcycle and the speed limit was 35, and I swear we going at least 80!”

“You’re lying Jake. You’re just yankin’ our chains. Everyone knows old people drive slow.”

“No, apparently not guys. I’m telling you we were cruising. Know what? I’ll prove it. I’m going to his house again this weekend. I’ll get one of those spy cameras that you can put in hats. I’ll get the proof.”

They all said, “Dork!” ad started laughing.

My grand-dad’s house was around the block from the school so my transportation was my feet. I wasn’t joking I was going to get proof. All these years of school and I still haven’t been able to prove myself in any crowd. This time around I was trying to fit in with popular gang who wore baggy pants and leather jackets. They weren’t my type, but if they let me hang with them, I would be happy enough.

My Grand-dad lived in a semi remote place that was cluttered like a campsite.

“One man’s trash is always one of my treasures. That’s what makes this place home sweet home!” He would always say.

And walking up his driveway then reminded me ho this place was really the only place I fit in. I smiled.

“Papa G! You home?” I yelled. Whenever talking to my Grand-dad I would always call him Papa G.

He didn’t answer so I kicked off my shoes and checked in the kitchen. He wasn’t there.

“Papa G?” I hollered again. I checked every room in the house except for his bedroom. He told me to never go in there, that it was his personal space.

I knocked on the door and asked, “Papa G, you in there?” No reply.

I creaked open the door and peered in. On his bed laid Papa G. I stepped inside and walked up to him. I knew he would be mad that I had stepped into his room, but he had scared me.

“Papa G, it’s me Jake wake up.” He didn’t move so I shook him. Nothing. I noticed by his head was a note.

It said,
Dear Jake,

I’m sorry I had to do this to you, but I knew I would happen someday. All those exciting things we did together were for both of us. For you to have fun and for me to life out the rest of my life the fullest. Look around you son, what do you see? Beer bottles right? It’s a filthy habit I’ve had for a long time. I knew it would kill me, but I couldn’t quit. Now you know why I never let you in here. I didn’t want you to see my one insecurity. You knew I loved you, and that I always will. Even in the after life.
Love you always son,
Papa G.

The note was tear stained when I screamed, “NOOOOOOOO!!!” and collapsed to the floor.

What the French, Toast?!

thx a bunches!

acousticgurl SILVER, Lagos, Other

Shoot 4 d moon. Even if u miss, u will land among the stars. Rock Out!

AWESOME. IT IS WONDERFUL. SAD BUT COOL

What the French, Toast?!

please comment! I luv good and criticizing feedback.