Selfish | Teen Ink

Selfish

By Audrea15 PLATINUM, Murphysboro, Illinois
Audrea15 PLATINUM, Murphysboro, Illinois

Everybody wants happiness. Nobody wants pain. But you cant have a rainbow. Without a little rain.

I stared down off the building measuring the distance as best i could with my eyes. Yup that will certainly end it. My mind was racing with the only question a person should ask in this situation.

Why not, why not take a leap off this building and end everything.Sure my family will shed some tears but then they will realize why i did this.

Why i am about to take a leap off the 40ft building on Kale St. Point was i was a wieght on their shoulders a weight they didnt need when my mother just died. If i took this step off that weight would be removed.

The man i loved since i was tweleve could also move on, find a better girl one who didnt have my familiy issues or at least was human.

So i found myself being selfish for bringing all this hurt to the people i love.One more step i reminded myself as i stared down at the passing cars.

It was night time and the people below me were probaly on thier way to their family without a clue as to what was going on above them.You're stalling that wierd little voice inside my head kept reminding me like a broken record.

Carfully pulling out a picture from my pocket i couldnt help but notice the torn edges or the way the picture had faded over the years.

Funny how when you plan on dieing you seem to notice every little detail in the world.Like how the fog made the night mysterious or how the pollution was screwing up this city.

Before you die never forget to stop and smell the pollution.Remembering the picture i felt even more selfish, you're thinking about polution before you die and you forget about the picture of your family.

I ran my fingers carefully along the worn edges, trying to remember every detail. Remembering once again why i was here i stared down to the street.

But then after a picture of my family came back into mind, i hopped down off the edge landing safely back onto the tar of the roof.Maybe i can be selfish for just one more day i thought to myself as i headed hope into the arms of my family.

This is a preview of one of the chapter stories i am writing notice the part about her not being human.

jeanwolf GOLD said...
jeanwolf GOLD, Lodi, California

Eternity is forever, falsehood is a never

cant wait to read more!