The Woman and the Wolves | Teen Ink

The Woman and the Wolves

By Dalilah2021 BRONZE, Reading, Michigan
Dalilah2021 BRONZE, Reading, Michigan

God woke you up today for a reason, and this pain you are feeling is for a reason. God has a plan.

Sometimes, if you listen, you can hear a woman screaming in the woods. This is a treacherous tale of a young girl´s too short life. She was betrayed, hurt, and left to die.

The girl and her newly-wed husband were walking in the woods, as they had many times when a pack of blood-hungry wolves attacked.

The husband took his chance and made it out alive, but left the wife to die. The wolves went for the young girl and, sadly, she did not make it. Her remains lay there, in the cold, wet snow. With sprinkles of blood all around.

Then, the girl rose in the air with black smoke emitting from her wounds. She began to look as she had before the attack. The bangs of her long, carob brown hair were braided and pinned on the back of her head.

Her eyes suddenly opened and flooded with life. She was not frantic at all, really she was quite at peace. Her once emerald green eyes had turned into a fierce iron grey. Instead of her old clothes, she was wearing an onyx black dress that had intricate designs in lace at the top and a long, flowing skirt on the bottom.

The wolves approached her and knelt by her feet.

¨Our Mistress,¨ the one in the center began, ¨We will help you if only you do a small favor for us.¨

The girl stood there, unsure if she should let them proceed. After a couple of minutes of thinking, she agreed and the animal went on.

¨Great, we need you to collect four stones. They are all in different places around the woods and are guarded heavily. Together, with these stones, we will have all the power we wish. Do you accept?¨

¨Yes.¨

The first stone was located in the forest and it was guarded by foxes. The second was in the mountains and was with mountain lions. The third and fourth were in the meadow with cows and the dessert with snakes. The wolves had given her a distraction for all of them.

She decided to go to the mountains first because that seemed to be the worst. She was given pebbles to throw near the lions to scare them away. The journey was long and hard, but she did it. As she approached the top, she felt she was being watched. Throwing the pebbles, she could hear feet running away, but something was off.

¨You think we are scared of a few little rocks? I bet the wolves sent you.¨ A voice said.

¨Who´s there? How did you know the wolves sent me?¨ The girl was frightened and did not know what to do. But she glanced around and spotted the stone. She ran toward it. There was a pillar made of rock and it was covered with moss.

She grabbed the rock and fell to the ground. There was a loud noise, that sounded as though a canon were going off. The girl looked around. It had saved her.

Next, she went to the desert, still shocked by the previous events. The wolves had instructed her to make very quick movements and if she did so she´d be able to get the stone.

It was on a small pyramid made of sand. The snakes did not look that intimidating. She ran over and grabbed the stone. Easy enough.

The third one she retrieved was the stone from the meadow. When she arrived, she realized those were not cows. They were big, angry bulls. The stone was on a similar pedestal to the one in the mountains but it was covered in daisies. The wolves had told her nothing about bulls and what to do. She saw a stick and decided to force her way through, smacking them if they got in her way.

She was pushed and kicked but she took the stone. The last one was in the forest and was on the way back to the woods. She was given berries to distract the foxes but she had grown hungry during her trip so she ate them. She decided to make a lot of noise and try to scare them away.

The foxes did not like this, as they ran at her and attacked. She eventually made it to the stone but returned to the wolves beat up.

¨Thank you for retrieving our stones,¨ the wolf from before started, ¨We will heal you with our newfound power.¨

She rose into the air as she had when the wolves attacked her, and she looked good as new.

¨Where is my power? You promised me part of it.¨ the girl asked.

¨You did not really think we were serious? The power is ours, you are the feast.¨ the wolves lunged at the girl and she started screaming.

To this day, you can hear the girl screaming on the last day of her too-short life.

Hi, I´m Dalilah! I am a Civil Air Patrol cadet and I love to read, write, knit, and watch Netflix! This peticular story was written over quarantine and I think it is one of my best, so thanks for reading!

Dalilah2021 BRONZE, Reading, Michigan

@Ari5191

Thank you so much!! :)

Ari5191 BRONZE said...
Ari5191 BRONZE, Poland, Maine

"I'd rather die than live without passion." -BTS

I also love it and congrats! I'm so proud of you!

Dalilah2021 BRONZE, Reading, Michigan

@Olivia279

Thank you!!

Olivia279 BRONZE, Bangor, Maine

Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes. - Carl Jung

I love it Dalilah.
:)