The Happiness | Teen Ink

The Happiness

By BriEzell33 SILVER, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
BriEzell33 SILVER, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

If you want something go for it.

The words echoed in my mind. The pain still fresh in my chest, my whole world seemed to crumble. I look at him my eyes filling with the hurt, when he gives me a satisfied smirk the hurt is replaced with hate. He completely freezes and pales softly. My eyes harden even more and I shake my head bitterly.
“Bastard.” I say and walk away, I never saw the hurt on his face, or the sadness in his eyes, and I was the only one who didn’t call him that. And here I am, calling him the name he despises, but sadly it felt good.
*2 months later*
Coming back to this place was the least of my worries. The meds the doctors had me on wasn’t one of my worries. The thing that was worrying me the most, having to see him. I swallow my hate just for now, because I know school will be better without it. I pick up my phone and look through my texts and walk into the school. I walk towards my class not even noticing that everyone is looking at me. The psycho who went crazy and ran away, I looked up and saw Jasper looking at me, he looked shocked. Hell I would be too, I mean come on now, I wasn’t my old self, my hair was semi long, I even had contacts that made my eyes red. I wore shorts and a tank with boots, I never ever did that, I even had my nose pierced and my eyes were full of malice. I see him then, he is holding his latest toy, they are laughing, but when he sees me his eyes fill with fear and he bites his lip. I blink then keep walking; his toy looks at me then to him.
“That’s your ex?” She asks and I don’t wait to hear the rest I walk into my class and take a seat, my eyes look around the room and I let out a sigh then stand, I decide I want to find my friends, I leave the classroom and walk towards smokers lot. But I didn’t expect him to stop me. He looks at me his eyes full of sadness.
“You came back.” He states and I look at him, my mask in place.
“I did. I missed my natural life style. I mean sex and living on the streets are fun. But you know me being me I have to have everything my way.” I say bitterly and he flinches back. “I was in the hospital for two months not off having sex. I still have the V- card, just probably not for long, I like being slutty.” He looks at me his green eyes filling with hurt even more.
“I’m sorry…” he says and I laugh bitterly.
“The damage is done. No sorry in the world can fix what you did.” I say then walk away slowly; I stop then turn to him. “You were the mistake Edward. You were the one who ruined your own life. I won’t let you ruin mine anymore.” I walk away a small smile on my lips. Today is the day I control my own life and actually get to be happy.

End