Wolfgang Chapter 5 | Teen Ink

Wolfgang Chapter 5

August 2, 2010
By CheshireCat PLATINUM, Paducah, Kentucky
CheshireCat PLATINUM, Paducah, Kentucky
47 articles 0 photos 29 comments

Favorite Quote:
We're all mad here


“It’s only when I’m really upset.”

“What do you do?”

“I overdose pills, cut myself multiple times, and try to shoot myself in the chest.”

“I have to deal with that don’t I.”

“Yah most likely.”

“What does he do to get rid of that?”

“Most of the time when he comes I’m about to shoot myself. He just grabs me and tells me everything will be ok until I pass out from all of the pills.”

“That’s all?”

“Pretty much.”

“So your suicidal? That’s a surprise.”

“Can I ask you something?”

“Sure, what Is it.”

“Do you believe in fate and destiny?”

“ I guess, why?”

“Well don’t you think it was just ironic that everyone’s story you told me was almost exactly the same. Then on the same day everyone went to Mardi Gras for a honeymoon. It’s like all of you were supposed to meet. Then Cynthia got her power right when we needed it. I think it’s just very ironic.”

“I guess your right.”

“It just seems strange to me.”

We sat there in the sun silent for a few minutes letting what I said sink into our empty minds.

“Ready to go home?”

“Yes.”

We both got up and walked to the house in silence. When we got in we just sat on the couch still in silence. He gave me my medicine in silence and we spent two hours of pure silence.

“Do you need to get ready for bed?”

“What?”

“Do you need to get ready for bed?”

“Oh yah. Are you coming?”

“For what?”

“To come wash my hair like Kai does.”

“I’m not Kai so wash your own hair.”

I ran the bath and got into it slowly. I just sat there in silence rethinking my day. The hot water soothed my muscles and I was able to relax. Again I felt my now bruised face. There was a knock on the door then it opened and closed again. Clide was looking into the mirror looking at something on his arm.

“Why are you in here not to be rude or anything.”

“Needed a dagger.”

“For what?”

“My arm. I got a few bullets in it during a test run.”

“They’re in the cabinet.”

“This is my house don’t you think I know where they are?”

“Just hurry up.”

He opened up the cabinet and grabbed a dagger. There was a metal on metal noise then it stopped.


“What was that?”

“My skin.”

“Really?”

“Yes.”

“Oh.”

“Finish up you need to go to bed you’ve been in here for an hour.”

I quickly finished my bath and got dressed in a pink silk night dress. I climbed into my bed but again just looked at the ceiling. The days passed like this for two weeks. I wake up and talk to him, go to the beach, come home and get ready for bed, stare at the ceiling. Finally I couldn’t take it anymore. I walked to the bathroom and took out my supplies. I shoved the pills into my mouth and cut myself everywhere again. I took the gun, putting it to my chest again, and put my hand on the trigger. Clide walked into the room and grabbed the gun away from me. I screamed and cried pulling out my hair in bunches as best as I could.

“I want him to come back!”

“Claire calm down.”

“I want him back now! Now!”

I sat up against the wall hugging myself tightly.

“Claire it’s ok.”

“I want him to come home!”

Clide sat beside me and I put my head on his shoulder.

“He’s coming back.”

I felt the dizziness coming over me and the room spun. Then the collapsing. I woke up in a bed in Clide’s arms. He was wiping my hair back from my face then putting it back again.

“What are you doing?”

He quickly dropped me onto the bed and I looked around to see where I was.

“I wasn’t doing anything.”

“Where am I?”

“My room.”

“What time is it?”

“Five in the afternoon.”

“I was passed out that long?”

“Yah you fell asleep at about three.”

“Oh.”

I got up but sat back down and that’s how the next week went by. I tried to kill myself then I wake up in Clide’s room and we talk about something random. But this morning was different when he dropped me I happily sat up not wanting to have a conversation. I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him. I couldn’t believe I did it but I did. He didn’t pull me back or hit me he just let me kiss him. I pulled back but he grabbed me and kissed me. That was a surprise I wasn’t ready for. He dropped me and I just looked at him confused.

“That…um…what…how…didn’t you…did you just…did we just…I love you? This is wrong. No. No. No! Is this wrong?”

“It’s only wrong if you believe it is.”

“But what if I really love you?”

“Than you love me. But only if you do than it isn‘t wrong.”

“Yes.”

“Is that wrong?”

“No.”

We kissed some more until I heard the door open the a scream I knew. Logan’s. I slowly turned my head to the door to see her standing near the bed with her mouth open.

“What are you doing?”

“Nothing.”

“Claire why would you do this?”

“Because I love him.”

“ No you love Kai.”

“But he doesn’t love me.”

“Yes he does! He loves you more than he ever did me, or Paige, and even his son, Claire!”

“Maybe he should of showed me than.”

“He tells you that he loves you everyday is that not enough for you?”

“He treats me horrible.”

“No he doesn’t!”

“Maybe I just don’t love him anymore.”

“Or maybe you were just so lonely that you decide to make out with his brother! Or maybe you just need so much attention from everybody!”

“That isn’t true!”

“Well I’m not going to tell.”

“You aren’t?”

“No. You’re a sister to me and I love you. Also I’m in eternal debt to you for not giving up when Kai thought you were insane.”

“So are we still friends.”

“No.”

“We aren’t!”

“We’re sisters.”

She hugged me then looked at Clide narrowing her now black eyes.

“As for you I hope you die for this. I hope he lets her go and tears you limb from limb. I hope Maria finds a man that isn’t a dog and divorces you.”
She looked at me again and nodded her head.

“Eternal debt I can’t say a word.”

“I understand.”

“One thing though.”

“What?”

“You two need to get ready because everyone is about to come home.”

“What!”

“How do you think I got home?”

“I didn’t think about that.”

I quickly scrambled out of the room just as everyone walked up the steps. I passed everyone and to my bedroom. All I worried about during the night was about Kai and me. I had a strange dream though and it was just three pictures: a girl, the zodiac Cancer sign, and a broken heart. I got out of the bed restless and walked down the steps to the dining room. Everyone seemed tense especially Logan. I ate for a minute than everyone quickly grabbed their guns and pointed them to each other. Logan was biting her lip trying not to say anything as I stared at her hard. Kai caught our looks and walked over to Logan.

“What happened?”

“Nothing happened, Kai.”

“Then why are you biting your lip?”

“I’m not.”

“Yes you are.”

“Nothing happened.”

He put the gun to her head and she closed her eyes still biting her trembling lip.

“One.”

“Nothing happened, Kai!”

“Two.”

“Ok, maybe something happened.”

“Three.”

“She’s having an affair!” She covered her mouth and looked at me. “I’m sorry Claire.”

My gun was now pointed at her and Kai and his was pointed at me and Logan.