How Hermione came to be a witch | Teen Ink

How Hermione came to be a witch

By Bethanblack PLATINUM, Kington, Please Select
Bethanblack PLATINUM, Kington, Please Select

"Boys are meant to ruin your lipstick, not your mascara" --Marilyn Monroe

Hermione sighed as she trapsed to the kitchen.The day had started out like any other , she'd been studying for her new highschool so that she could be ahead and do the best she could ,when a loud knock disrupted her.Irritated she had slammed her book shut and opened the door to a peculiar looking woman ,with black hair pulled back into a very tight bun .However the most noticeable feature was perhaps the long emerald robes she wore.

"Uhm…I'll go get my mum and dad.."She blurted out , timidly.Without giving the lady a chance to reply ,she shot up the stairs like whirlwind and told her parents about the odd lady .And somehow ,the lady invited herself in.For now Hermione was making some tea and "black coffee,no sugar".To hermione,this woman seemed like somebody she didn't want to cross.Something about this woman seemed so stern,like a teacher but with a lot of mystery to her.Despite herself,Hermione couldn't help but wonder what this lady was here for, and whether it was for good or evil.Shaking her head , she chided herself for thinking such utter nonsense,"for good or for evil" she mimicked herself ,"you idiot..".

"I beg your pardon?"the lady raised her eyebrows,"I didn't quite catch that,".

Anxious to please she jumped up in horror,"no no no I don't mean you I was talking to myself!". For a moment she could've sworn that the corners of her mouth were twitching as though suppressing laughter but it was gone as swiftly as it had came.

"Now down to business ,you are Hermione Jean Granger I believe," Hermione nodded ,feeling extremely self conscious.

"I'm professor McGonagall and I am here to inform you that your being offered a place at Hogwarts school of witchcraft and wizardry.Now before you begin to disagree and in general,regard me as a lunatic ,allow me to demonstrate," With a crack ,the dishes began floating above their heads and the teapot was filling the mugs with tea.

"Wait so I'm a witch?"Hermione asked ,"but that's completely illogical and the rumor of witchcraft was disregarded years ago after being proven wrong in every aspect!" 

" Don't be so quick to disregard, especially after my evidence.If you accept this offer,you will start on the 1st of September and you will also receive the money for your school supplies as you shan't have wizarding money yet.We shall also leave a list for you."

Her father rentered the room with an odd look on his face," I'd accept the offer love ,sounds like a good idea and you'll learn magic…"

Nodding Hermione replied,"I suppose it some aspects it's believable,I've always done things that nobody has ever been able to explain….I accept the offer!"

And that was that…

gabs_w SILVER said...
gabs_w SILVER, Portland, Oregon
Love this — Young Hermione is the BEST.