I Really Remain Not a Wicked Wizard | Teen Ink

I Really Remain Not a Wicked Wizard

November 10, 2018
By Cyber_Hippos SILVER, Wayne, Pennsylvania
Cyber_Hippos SILVER, Wayne, Pennsylvania
8 articles 5 photos 22 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I want to smile, and I want to make people laugh. And that's all I want. I like it. I like being happy. I want to make others happy." - Doris Day


Fractured fairy tale The Wizard of Oz Villain from The Wizard’s view 
I really remain not a Wicked Wizard  
I really didn't try to go to Oz but, you know how you don't try to and it still happens. Well...that's what happened to me. I grew up in never active, always boring Wichita. You probably don't hear much about Wichita. Let's just say not everyone exactly nice. The number one bulling target and have parents that never came home didn't make me have a perfect childhood. When I got to Oz I became special. I obtained the status of the only human in all of Oz or Ev, the dark Oz underworld, and for once I did not feel like an outcast. I mean everyone in Oz calls me an evil freak. But, if you ask anyone in Kansas about the Wizard they say, "The Wicked Witch is the villain." If you ask anyone that lives near the Palace or in the Wingless kingdom you may get a different response. All the monkeys say something like," You sold our freedom...you're the worst...we want to kill you."  
A lot of people that watched the movie act like, "Dorothy's right. There really is no place like home!" I may still lie in Oz but, if you get on Lurline's good side she can help you so much. She got me a T.V. Lurline, a very powerful fairy and she originally made Oz. 
Another powerful woman, named Glinda the so called Good, helped Dorothy. Then pretty Dorothy mean and oblivious to the amazing oddness of Oz came. She only ever said, in mantra, "I wish I could go home...Home is soooooo nice...There's no place like home." I could even tell Glinda felt glad to get rid of her and her annoying voice. When Dorothy first came everyone loved her. When she first came I already hated her. She killed my crush. The only reason I accepted the position of Wizard from Ozma, the ruler of Oz, which would have more power so, Nessa should say yes when I ask her to marry me. But, she dies because a house of all things. A good for nothin' falling, HOUSE. 
I didn't want to hurt her myself but, she made me so mad how could I not make her life just harder a little bit. I didn't exactly have a good set of mind and persisted at acting mad at you know... EVERYTHING.  
During this Elphaba poofed to me and asked if she could have the hat that inhabited a spot in my bag of toys that I give to people that come to me to solve their problems. She said, "I think my mom used to have a hat like it maybe even this one. Can I have it?" she said in a sweet voice. She also said," I can give you this potion that will make you forget about one thing as long as it is the first thing you see after drinking it." I knew the she-devil wants me to use it on Nessa. I knew than and still know now I never want to forget her. She then said menacingly," You'll want to take this deal. I am much more powerful than my sister."  
Considering she might kill me if I say no I replied," I agree with your terms, we have a deal."  
"Amazing. Here you go," Elphaba, mouth smirking, said taking the hat from me," and thank you for this." She yelled. She put the orange hat on her head and cackled then poofed away.  
Ozma came up to me later and asked," All the monkeys are acting weird did you by any chance see an orange hat. It looks large and a medium orange. It controls all the monkeys by magic and we need to get it back now did you see it. I really need it could you..."  
I felt bad about lying and interrupting but before she could ramble on some more I replied, "I don't think so but, I look around for it in my area." I did not want to feel bad about doing something by accident. I should have known that Elphaba had a catch but didn't take the time to inquire.  
I tried to plan a way to get it back and I tried to think of something for a good few days. I felt distracted by the annoying home wanter I've heard all about. Dorothy. I can feel the hate when my lips form her name. She came with her slightly less annoying friends, the Lion, Scarecrow, and the Tin woods man. They all stood proud and acted like the best people in the world. And asked me for gifts like everyone else. I always ask for a favor and since Dorothy hurt Nessa and she thinks she's so strong why not give them a quest. I couldn't stand knowing how happy she looks after she just killed a person my friend. Anyway, doing all of Oz a favor and I wouldn't have to deal with Dorothy for a little while. I asked her to kill the Wicked Witch of the West, holding her broom. 
When she did I felt surprised and gave her friends the "gifts." They could already do everything they asked for. You can easily tell that Mr. Tin, standing proud, loves Dorothy and that the Scarecrow already began smart enough to help get into the Elphaba's Castle, and the Lion wanted to bite her head off the whole time. You can tell his feelings by his eyes. I gave them momentums. A stuffed animals tail, a plastic heart, and a stress ball brain. I told Dorothy I couldn't help her. She looked like she wanted to pull my eyes out of the sockets. Glinda appeared. One of my sworn enemies appeared and seemed sappier with advice then me and ecstatic Dorothy went home right that second. The movie shows me going home but that does not exactly happen. I never went "Home" to Kansas because Oz will always feel like my home. I did have a day balloon excursion but, I landed back in Oz.  
I guess I could still get called a little bit evil. I didn't know what the hat could do but now that it burned in some cooking accident when the monkeys tried to make a meal without the help of a munchkin when they could not find Elphaba. Of course, all the monkeys still say, "The Wizard acts very horrid to us." Even though that falls under the category of just a misunderstanding. Also, Glinda a few weeks later figured out how to harness monkey power to drive her around in a carriage and everyone blamed me! Over all of this I became just a victim of circumstance. I didn't ask to come to Oz or fall in love or say yes when I should say no. It all worked out in the end. Except my love life. Even twelve years after Nessa died I haven't had a single date. But, other than that life now okay for me.  
  
Things and People to know before reading: 
Elphaba- Elphie Wicked Witch of the West and half-sister to Nessarose. 
Nessarose- Nessa the Wicked Witch of the East and half-sister to Elphaba. 
Lurline- She created Oz by her blood dripping in a pool and obtained the name Ruler of Oz long ago. Through a hidden portal you may find this fairy. 
Kingdom of the Wingless ones- A place where the monkeys that chose to cut off their wings instead of enslavement lived. Lulu has become the queen and used to work in the Palace  
The Palace- The Palace remains where the ruler of Oz, now Ozma, lives and works. It also lives in the very magical Emerald City bright and green. 
Ozma- The true ruler of Oz lives in the Emerald city and descends from of Lurline, a fairy. Raised by Lulu Queen of Monkeys she will remain a beloved ruler for a long time. 


The author's comments:

This is a fractured fairy tale about the Wizard of Oz from his perspective.

Things and People to know before reading: 
Elphaba- Elphie Wicked Witch of the West and half-sister to Nessarose. 
Nessarose- Nessa the Wicked Witch of the East and half-sister to Elphaba. 
Lurline- She created Oz by her blood dripping in a pool and obtained the name Ruler of Oz long ago. Through a hidden portal you may find this fairy. 
Kingdom of the Wingless ones- A place where the monkeys that chose to cut off their wings instead of enslavement lived. Lulu has become the queen and used to work in the Palace  
The Palace- The Palace remains where the ruler of Oz, now Ozma, lives and works. It also lives in the very magical Emerald City bright and green. 
Ozma- The true ruler of Oz lives in the Emerald city and descends from of Lurline, a fairy. Raised by Lulu Queen of Monkeys she will remain a beloved ruler for a long time.