gone with the crumbs | Teen Ink

gone with the crumbs

By ricardo belmonte BRONZE, Haltom City, Texas
ricardo belmonte BRONZE, Haltom City, Texas

“Tim the game is on the radio” mom announces.
“Oh, thanks, Mom I almost forgot, WAIT! It’s probably over by now” I say upset. I turn the radio on anyways, for the score.
“Ok folks it’s the bottom of the ninth inning, Yankees and Giants still tied, its either teams’ game right now. Okay here comes the Babe up to bat. He was telling me the earlier today that this was his last game before he retires, but he said he has to end the game with a homer or no retirement. Here comes the pitch, babe hits it hard! , ball goes over to cente-, over the fence, home run! Home run! , Yankees win!” the reporter losing his breath.
I turn off the radio and turn to my mom. “Its okay honey, Yankees won isn’t that what you wanted?” mom with a curious face.
“I know but my hero retired, he has been my inspiration, I always wanted to go to a Yankees game, but it didn’t happen because of cash issues and how could we go to New York, we would have to wait till they came to San Francisco to play, we couldn’t even get one of them picture boxes to watch the game” I complain.
“Knock, knock, knock” someone knocks at the door.
Mom opens the door and the mailman is at the door.

“Here is your mail, Ma’am” the mail man gives Mom a wrapped tray and he heads out the door.
“Hey Tim it’s a batch of cookies! And it’s from the Alcatraz” mom opening the package.
“Hah, mom their criminal cookies, I call this one Big Al, oh well see you in the morning I am going to hit the rock” I give my mom a good night hug.
“Sweet dreams honey!” mom gets a jug of milk out of the ice box for the cookies.
The night passes and pa comes home.
“Tim! Something is wrong with your ma!”Dad dramatically
“Wha-what happened!” I jump out of my bed
That night the doctor came over and so did the neighbors, but no one felt the way I felt for her.
“A mother’s love can never be understood while they live till they go away and never come back. That’s why I should have appreciated while it lasted” I thought but knew it was too late. She’s gone. She’s gone with the crumbs.

hyperactivemayfly PLATINUM, Arlington Heights, Illinois

"Un ange frappe a ma porte
Est-ce que je le laisse entrer
Ce n'est pas toujours ma faute
Si les choses sont cassées
Le diable frappe a ma porte
Il demande a me parler
Il y a en moi toujours l'autre
Attiré par le danger"

Nice story!It deals with the briefness of human life, and how we never actually realize how important something is until we don't have it anymore.

PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT