Vietkong story | Teen Ink

Vietkong story

February 27, 2009
By AlexaLexi PLATINUM, Mattawan, Michigan
AlexaLexi PLATINUM, Mattawan, Michigan
36 articles 0 photos 3 comments

This is a story about the first time going to Vietnam and going on a plane for the first time.

As soon as I got on the plane I was a little scared about taking off and landing the plane. As soon as I got comfortable my friend Michael came up to me and jumped on me to frighten me and make me scream. After that happened we were almost there and I was scared to look out the window to see what is out side of the plane . I looked out the window and Michael screamed at me and scared me and I punched him in the face. I thought we were going to land in Vietnam we landed in Laos instead so we had to take a bus from Laos to Vietnam which took about 2 days to get there. As soon as we got to Vietnam we got off the bus were Michael stopped us and we were at his moms house and I haven't been there since I was about 3 or 4 s it has been a long time since I have seen her and I am 26 now and Michael is to so it has been a long time. As soon as I walked in there I looked at Michael's mom and she stared at me for a long time then she realized it was me and she sprinted over to me and almost tackled me to the ground then she screamed at Michael because of something I don't know what she was taking about because she was taking in a different language that I didn't understand very well but I could understand one word that she said and that word was THE.

After we were done going to Michael's moms house we walked to a store which was called Viet. Kong the shoe store I looked at the shoes and they were all used from France because the French used to own Vietnam. After we were done looking at the shoe store we went to a diner which was very worn out but they had good food there. Then me and Michael went to his work were they make weapons for there army and others. It was very cool but before I went in there I had to be checked if I had any weapons on me so I couldn't try to destroy anything in there they thought that because I am American and they hate us so it was a rough time trying to talk to Michael because every time I would walk close to someone they would stop what their doing and stare at me like I was some kind of terrorist or something and one guy even took out a knife that he made and started to walk closer to me and I thought that he might stab me if I didn't be careful and after a will I looked back and he was still behind us but he didn't have the knife anymore. I think that Michaels boss told that guy to follow us to make sure that I wasn't from the us army trying to stop them by making weapons and start another war with them again.

After that day I had to go home and see how my family is doing so I got back on the plane and I went home.

That is the story about going on a plane and going to Vietnam.