Here we go again | Teen Ink

Here we go again

October 30, 2014
By Brian110 SILVER, Jonesport, Maine
Brian110 SILVER, Jonesport, Maine
8 articles 1 photo 79 comments

Favorite Quote:
if life gives you lemons..... squeeze them back in life's eyes!


     *Yawning* “Here we go again”. What again you might ask? Monday, that’s what. It was six in the morning and my alarm clock should be going off. I looked at it closely, “looks fine” I thought. So I lifted it up to my ear to see if it was already buzzing. It wasn’t, and I learned that the hard way… ANGH, ANGH, ANGH. It startled me so much that I fell out of bed face down on the floor. “Here we go again” I sighed.
     Mornings for my little brother were much different. He would wake up with a pencil in his hand and homework done, yes… as unrealistic as it sounds, yes… sleep, “homework doing.” And get this, he also makes himself breakfast, in his sleep, of course. Here I might as well make a list: chores, exercise, studying, dressing for school, and so on. All of it in his sleep, he wakes up refreshed and well rested. He is so lucky that If he was stranded on a desert island, he would wake up after one night in a wooden, five star resort and instead of going to rescue him we would go to live with him there!
     (Mother nagging) “Wake up!” (Me) “Huh” (Mom) “Wake up, you’re late for school!” (Me) “What!” (Mom) “You’re the only person I know who can fall asleep on the floor.” (Me) “Here we go again.” (Mom) “GET UP!” (Me) “O.K, O.K I’m up, sheesh” (*Moaning* “Mondays”) I got dressed and went down stairs to find my brother eating breakfast. “He’s actually late, YES!” (Brother) “Oh, I’m not late, the power is out at the middle school and I have a day off” (Me) “What, we have the day off yes!” (Brother) “No, I have the day of, the high school just used the school money to buy a generator” (Me) “What!” *louder* (Brother) “I said…” (Me) “I know what you said, and I know what you think, and your right, sigh… Here we go again.”
     I went to school that morning, homework finished, but just when I was about to walk into the school a dog came and, you guessed it, ate my homework. “Here we go again.” When my teacher asked “Why are you late?” and “Where is your homework?” What was I to tell her…? The truth…. apparently not. “Well, you see, I um…. Was… ready to go to school and… a cat was stuck in a tree so I… uh… climbed up to save it and, a rabid squirrel came and… I took my homework and folded it into a paper air plane… and threw it at the squirrel to scare it off, and then I grabbed the cat and came down and… “That’s enough” the teacher said. “Do you honestly think I would believe that?” “You came up with the most ridiculous blah, blah …” and as I got a long and boring lecture and not to mention a detention, I thought to my-self “Here we go again.”
     After detention at school I came home to another scolding. (Mother nagging) “What were you thinking boy?” (Me) “Well I…” (Mother interrupting) “Know better than this, you know you should have your homework done!” (Me) “Well…” (Mom) “Shut your yapper! I aint finished, you blah, blah, blah, blah….” When my mom says “Shut your yapper” you know that you’re in for a lot of trouble. (Mom) “You listening boy!?” (Me) “Here we go again” (Mom) “You are so irresponsible, why can’t you be more like your brother?” (Echoing and fading) brother, brother, brother. And that’s when it happened. *Intimidatingly* (Me) “Like my brother this, more like him that, I’m just some lousy problem who is compared to his “perfect” brother, when will I get any respect, or, or sympathy from, from anyone, I’m sick of being misunderstood and scolded at!” at first I felt good about letting it out, until I looked at my mom’s face. And when I did I nearly peed my pants. After I was punished I went to my room to do my homework, I found out that our cat tore up the curtains in my room, and my mom made me clean up the mess.
    
     After doing my homework, I was told to do my chores. “Here we go again.” First I fed the cat, and cut my finger on the can opener. Second I did the dishes, broke a few plates and got a scolding. Third I took out the garbage, of course the bag broke because of a broken piece of plate. And fourth I picked up the trash one piece at a time and organized the sharps and the softs and put them in separate bags.
     When I was doing my chores, something happened, something… good? When I was sorting the trash I found a $50 bill! And not to my surprise it was used to buy new curtains for my room, and new plates to replace the ones I broke. And then it was time to go to bed, another day of the usual gone. And who knows, maybe tomorrow will be my… Lucky-day. ANG, ANG, ANG “What, huh” I wake up to a Tuesday morning and see that my new curtains, and my homework are ripped up. You know the drill, “Here we go again.”