The Unwelcome Visitor | Teen Ink

The Unwelcome Visitor

By crimonandclover GOLD, Brattleboro, Vermont
crimonandclover GOLD, Brattleboro, Vermont

You were wild once. Don't let them tame you
- Isadora Duncan

Old man Winter slowly and lazily meandered along the winding path, bringing with him the unbearable cold he was so famous for. When at last the arrived at his home, he pushed aside the deerskin flap and stared into the chilly semi-darkness, surprise and anger etched in the hardened lines of old age. There stood Spring, young and agile, bringing with him wherever he traveled the warmth of the sun. But it was too early for Spring to come knocking at old man Winter’s door, too early for the harsh cold to give way to Spring’s new beginnings.
Old man Winter grew very angry. “What are you doing here Spring?”
Spring replied with a carefree grin on his face, “I decided to come early this year.”

- Isadora Duncan

Thank you! I got my inspiration from a book of native american stories/tales I would read as a kid :)

AlaNova ELITE said...
AlaNova ELITE, Naperville, Illinois

Dalai Lama said, "There are only two days in the year that nothing can be done. One is called YESTERDAY and the other is called TOMORROW, so today is the right day to love, believe, do, and mostly live..."

Adorrrre how you portrayed Winter and Spring as tangible characters, and in a more vague, simplistic world--with the lovely imagery as well--bravissimo!! :)