Not Giving Up | Teen Ink

Not Giving Up

By Sidney BRONZE, The Woodlands, Texas
Sidney BRONZE, The Woodlands, Texas

I know I'm a Princess, because my Father is the King of kings.

I sat in my chair, sneaking glances at Chris Mayor. My high school crush, I haven’t given up on him yet. I promised myself that I would have at least one date with him. Just one, by the end of 12th grade.

“Ms. Rose, would you like to tell me what we were talking about or would you rather keep stealing glances at Mr. Mayor?” Mrs. Jordan asked me, drawing me out of my daydream.
Ugh! Darn her and her perceptiveness. She has to make a fool out of me in front of my class. In front of Chris. I felt a blush creep across my face and I looked her in the eyes. Trying, but not succeeding, to keep my cool.

“Yes, I would, thank you. We, no, you were droning on about topics we don’t care about. Why don’t you try to talk about topics we like and then maybe, just maybe, we wont get distracted.” I finished, looking pointedly at Chris. When I glanced back at her she looked like she was going to bite my head off. She was giving me that glare, you know the one that makes you wish you hadn’t said what you just said. Yeah, that one.

“Tyler Amber Rose!”
Uh-oh, the full name. I won’t let her bring me down though.

“Yes, Mrs. Jordan?” I was surprised by how steady my voice sounded, even with the whole class staring at us, more importantly, Chris was staring at me! Eek!

“You are not allowed to talk to a teacher that way. Never. Now you are going to go straight to the principals office and tell Mr. McCord what you just did. And when you get back I want you to apologize to the class for ruining their learning time.”

“It’s not like they were actually learning! No one cares about the Northwest Passage or what an armada is! You want to know why we fail our tests, it’s because students our age don’t want to learn about the past. We want to learn about the present, what’s happening now, and how that is going to effect our future.” Before she could respond, I grabbed my book bag and headed to the door.

That was out of control, all because of a daydream. Goodness, Tyler, this is what daydreaming of Chris does to you, I thought.

I walked quickly to the principals office, just to find out he wasn’t in. Weird. I turned around and went outside to sit at one of the lunch tables and wait for the next class bell. I pulled one of my favorite books out, Twilight by Stephenie Meyer. I was just about to turn the page when I heard a strange noise. I got up from the table, straining my ears to see if I could hear the noise again. I walked around the math building and I just about fainted. There, going into the janitor’s closet, was none other than our principal, Mr. McCord, with the vice principal, Ms. Kraft. That was why he wasn’t in his office! I quickly covered my eyes, but my brain kept sending me mental images. I turned around fast and bumped into something hard, falling on my butt.

“Ow, what the-” I trailed off, because Chris just happened to be standing above me, with an amused smile on his face.

“They do that often, you get used to it, though.” He smiled as he reached to help me up off the ground.

“I’m sure.” I mumbled, stealing one last look at the closed janitor’s closest.

“So, History was fun. I didn’t expect you to tell Mrs. Jordan off.” Chris laughed.

“Yeah, well, I’m glad I can entertain you.” I looked away. Hoping he wouldn’t bring up why I got into trouble.

“Were you really looking at me or did Mrs. Jordan just say that to embarrass you?” Crap.

“Uh, well, I was kinda looking at you. Not like in a creepy way, but in like a ‘I think your cute’ kind of way’-” Oh man, I hate it when I ramble. I just told Chris I thought he was cute.

“I think you’re pretty cute, too.” He smiled and put his arm around me. I melted. “In fact, you want to go out sometime? Not like a date, but I mean, not unless you want it to be a date.”

“Sure.” I smiled. “I’m glad I didn’t give up on you, Chris.” I said, while Chris just looked at me, confused.

Sidney BRONZE said...
Sidney BRONZE, The Woodlands, Texas

You should read my other two stories. They are fanfiction, Volterra and A Car Ride Home. These are probably the two first main stories I wrote.

BrittanyHale SILVER, Orlando, Florida

A Kiss is a lovely trick,designed by nature to stop word when speech becomes superflous.

I loved this.And go Twilight!!!:))

Lovestonedloser GOLD, Orlando, Florida

If your always looking down, you'll never see the beauty of the stars.

I like this. Alot! :))

Comment on some of my work if you don't mind please? I have two stories "Forever" and "A Blood promise" give opinions on if i should continue one, the other or both?