She, was 18 | Teen Ink

She, was 18

By LinkiMochi PLATINUM, Austin, Texas
LinkiMochi PLATINUM, Austin, Texas

The flying adolescence is the most touching; it seems to have passed through time while running.

The cicadas cried that Summer was noisier than any other year, and branches grew wildly outside the classroom windows, but they couldn't stop the blazing sun.

She's at hell. She is the hell herself.

She felt hell, every time they shamed her and when she wore shorts during the Summer. Youth is supposed to be, supposed to be an incredible period of a human's long-lasting life. But she doesn't understand how they can be so vicious, evil, violent, and bloody when they are all in their youths?

They are supposed to be…….

Wonderful, pure, playful. Even when they accidentally made a mistake, they would apologize over and over again until the hot summer sun became the sharp winter wind.

She stepped into the campus, ah, hell.

If you don't believe in God or angels, then you probably didn't experience any difficulties.

She believes in God. Only God can save her.

A push and a strike, a slap and a strike, a punch and a strike! She fell down, hard. They act as if giving her a red or purple body mark is hitting the Bull's Eye. And she is the target. The Bull's Eye.

She can't cry a tear; her tears have all dried. She started thinking: "Fat, really? Ugly, really? A mistake on this world, really? Brings shame to my family, really? Shouldn't be in this school, really?"

Really?

Then, the bell rang. They ran away toward their classrooms, leaving her behind as they did so. She slowly sat up, hissing and whispering and cursing. She whimpered when she tried to stand up on her feet.

A broken leg? Maybe. Probably the left one.

Her backpack had disappeared, perhaps they took it away, or it could be somewhere else. But she doesn't want to find it, and she doesn't need it anymore. She regained her feet in a shaking posture; she pushed her right hand hard into the wall, making her hand dirty as she did so. She jumps with one leg, silently.

It looks like she had practiced this action many, many times. She's so experienced at doing this that she can get into the nurse's office in less than 10 minutes.

Oh, the nurse's office is pretty far away. Pretty, pretty, far away.

She didn't knock; the door opened for her. She didn't say anything. Finally, the nurse opened her mouth for her.

"Fell, again? You've got to be more careful, sweetie. Now let's see what's up…… Gosh, you should go to the hospital! I can't treat a broken leg the same way as the doctors do……… Hurts? Let me give you………."

She went to the hospital, and after that, she went home.

The next few weeks are the same.

The next next few weeks are the same.

The next next next few weeks are the same.

On a Monday of the next next next next few weeks, she disappeared. Magically.

Her mom came on the Wednesday of the next next next next next few weeks, weeping.

In her bedroom, on her desk, before she became an angel, there is one thing, standing there, in the cold early winter light.

It's a blue box made out of blue plastic. There are blue words on there, with a meaning of blueness.

Sertraline.

She, was 18.

This short story speaks about bullying.