My characters came to life | Teen Ink

My characters came to life

By Star_nerd120 BRONZE, Franklin, Wisconsin
Star_nerd120 BRONZE, Franklin, Wisconsin

¨The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.¨ - Captain Jack Sparrow

I can do this. I say to myself, holding a pencil in my hand, shaking. What if my story is not that great? What if it was a complete flop? Will I ever become a great writer? But then, something pops into my head. It was something my grandfather used to say. ¨Don´t limit your capabilities or talents. Know that you are worthy, and keep doing what you want to do.¨ I sigh and take a deep breath. Grandpa was right. If I want to become a writer, I must write. 

I place my pencil on my paper and start writing.

I open my eyes to find out I'm in my bed, the covers hugging me as if I was their prey, I look around. It's just me. I'm not even in my pajamas. I take a moment to become more conscious, and I start to wonder… how did I get in my bed? I don't remember even falling asleep. If I really did, I must have fallen asleep in my chair. But.. who would have moved me?

¨Good morning!¨

I yelp as I accidentally fall off my bed, troubled by the voice. I quickly move the blanket out of my way and stand up. It was a man. He looked around the same age as me. But his smile was very friendly, so I showed no fear. ¨Who are you?¨ I ask in curiosity. ¨Well, I am glad you asked! My name is Mason. Mason Kindly. I saw you fell asleep on your chair, so I put you in bed,¨ Says the man. ¨Mason… Kindly?¨ I say. That name sounded very familiar. But then It hit me. 

Mason Kindly was the character I wrote in my story. 

I look at the man in shock. He looked just like I pictured him. It was creepy.

CRASH

I yelp once again to take a look behind me. It was another man. ¨Nathan! How many times have I told you? No more breaking in windows!¨ Mason cries as the man, Nathan, gets up and brushes his pants. ¨Sorry sweetheart. I didn´t know your handsome self would be here.¨ He says, smirking. Mason´s face turns red. ¨You knew damn well.¨ He replied. I take one last look. And then I have come to a conclusion. My two main characters have come to life. And I was NOT dreaming.

This is another writing prompt that I wrote a while ago. I thought I would share with you all since my other works are in progress.