I am Sparrow Sun, the Phoenix Writer. | Teen Ink

I am Sparrow Sun, the Phoenix Writer.

By SparrowSun ELITE, X, Vermont
SparrowSun ELITE, X, Vermont

"It Will Be Good." (complicated semi-spiritual emotional story.)

"Upon his bench the pieces lay
As if an artwork on display
Of gears and hands
And wire-thin bands
That glisten in dim candle play." -Janice T., Clockwork[love that poem, dont know why, im not steampunk]

I groggily wake up as pale lyght graces the horizon. I take off from my branch and warm nest, flying directly to a mountain. There I land, enjoying it. I take the form of my human avatar, tall with auburn hair and emerald eyes, smyling softly into the dawn sun. I mentally fyle it away in my store of inner wrytings, narrating its slow ryse. It excites my heart, and the sparrow dwelling there, the sparrow I am, my true self, gets aflutter. I won't cage myself.

I release her, watching a phantom sparrow fly into the sun, pale yellow of the morning framing a sharp silhouette of the small byrd. The sun rises an inch more, shedding the pale yellow for a blazing phoenix orange. The tyny byrd seems to go ablaze for a moment, suspended in time. Then it snaps, and my sparrow falls back into my heart, where she belongs, the sun continues its path, and I turn away. My eyes water slightly, in a sylent wish for the moment to continue, but I ignore it.

I wonder at myself. I am so much, too much to be contained in a single label, a single title. Too much for a name. But maybe... Maybe I have one now. Maybe I am Sparrow Sun, a writer, an eternally burning bird that belongs in the fyre. I don't see the sun glinting off the back of my blazing hair, don't see the split second that I am the phoenix even though I'm in human shape. Then I take sparrow shape and leave. Sparrow Sun, the Phoenix Writer. I found myself a name that contains me.

so i figured a pen name is basically an oc, and an oc deserves to have a backstory. this isn't really terribly relevant to anything, my pen name is my pen name because i have reasons. 

i did include ys instead of is for a personal reason. after all, this is my avatar and my oc... type... thyng... hah, see. i can styll wryte wyth ys... tho Grammarly keeps correcting me and it's not very automatic. wyth i almost wrote normally.

again, i don't have auburn hair or green eyes. that is my avatar. i won't say my hair or eye color.

and yes, i do have a real name in real life. i gave it to myself, so its not yet legal.

this is actually happy, and i think its sorta my heart story.

SparrowSun ELITE, X, Vermont

"Upon his bench the pieces lay
As if an artwork on display
Of gears and hands
And wire-thin bands

it is nice, and because of that the story has taken new turns I could have never guessed. but here's something ill say, I cant go back and edit it to match the present, and its got its restraints.

Lydiaq ELITE said...
Lydiaq ELITE, Somonauk, Illinois

"Let the disappointments pass
Let the laughter fill your glass
Let your illusions last until they shatter.
Whatever you might hope to find
Among the thoughts that crowd your mind
There won't be many that ever really matter.
But take good care of your mother
And remember to be kind
When the pain of another will serve you to remind."
--Jackson Browne

It is frustrating how they take lots longer to accept books...maybe I should do like you and serialize short stories.

SparrowSun ELITE, X, Vermont

"Upon his bench the pieces lay
As if an artwork on display
Of gears and hands
And wire-thin bands

ill rea it the indstant it goes thru(if it isn't tomorrow, i cant use my computer tomorrow because battery problems)

SparrowSun ELITE, X, Vermont

"Upon his bench the pieces lay
As if an artwork on display
Of gears and hands
And wire-thin bands

(tearing up... again)
wow... thank you, so much!

Lydiaq ELITE said...
Lydiaq ELITE, Somonauk, Illinois

"Let the disappointments pass
Let the laughter fill your glass
Whatever you might hope to find
Among the thoughts that crowd your mind
But take good care of your mother
And remember to be kind
--Jackson Browne

Wow. Whoa.
I dedicated to you the book I finished writing today. It is called In My Life of Birds and I'm waiting for TeenInk to accept it as a fiction novel. Coincidently, one of the doomed characters is named Bird. I worked so hard on this and can't wait for somebody, anybody, to read it.