The Forgotten Kingdom Castle | Teen Ink

The Forgotten Kingdom Castle

January 9, 2021
By IDontLikeCoffeebutIllTakeaLatte BRONZE, Cottonwood Heights, Utah
IDontLikeCoffeebutIllTakeaLatte BRONZE, Cottonwood Heights, Utah
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
“If someone doesn’t add to your life don’t add them to it.” -my Mom


Illuminated by the eerie light of the full moon, sat a three spire castle made of dark stormy stone with void-like windows and roofs made of cloud-grey tiles shaped into a cone. The water which surrounds it, deep, black and cold. The courtyard holds misty gardens with the ever feeling of eyes upon you. The quiet halls, lighted by old candles quickly running down. The decorations in the corridors were a macabre sight of dread in such quiet halls. Echoing throughout this frightening home is a sad tune of a lonely, forgotten piano. Although sometimes you will find a haunting voice comforting all who wander the castle. The servants are but masses of shadows with but no mind of their own, tending to all tasks needed to preserve this dark and enchanting house. Despite the frightening environment, you may never feel such, only but a great sadness will accompany your steps. A great loneliness which will hold on to you as you wake and as you sleep. Surrounding the castle sits a small, sparse forest of birch and pine, not daring to fall past the moat. Past such body of water is a ghostly field of grass which seems a nightly blue and purple in the ray of the moon.


The author's comments:

This is a part of the story stuck in my head.