Onyx | Teen Ink

Onyx

By SparrowSun ELITE, X, Vermont
SparrowSun ELITE, X, Vermont

"It Will Be Good." (complicated semi-spiritual emotional story.)

"Upon his bench the pieces lay
As if an artwork on display
Of gears and hands
And wire-thin bands
That glisten in dim candle play." -Janice T., Clockwork[love that poem, dont know why, im not steampunk]

A caged kitten is a terrible thing, a painful thing, a horrible thing. A caged kitten is a fearful thing, a dangerous thing, a cruel thing. A hungry kitten is a heartbreaking thing, an angry thing, an aggressive thing. A hungry kitten is a vicious thing, a pitiful thing, a strange thing. A kitten caged smelling food is hurtful. A lack of caution, a step to close is lethal. A kind kitten gone mad is a heartbreaking thing. A kitten just fed, a kitten gone greedy. A kitten that scratches, that goes for the eye, a kitten that succeeds and cuts the eye. A sweet kitten gone feral, my poor baby girl. A scream in the dark, tears begging for help. A kitten forgotten in the pain of her attack. A kitten left caged, a kitten left hungry. She sits locked away smelling her brother's food. A girl bleeding is a sorrowful thing, crying and running. A kitten forgiven is a wondrous thing. A kitten forgotten is an empowered thing. A kitten forgiven is a vengeful thing. Onyx, why did you do this?

my kitten, onyx, scratched the inside of my eyelid today. i lock her in a crate when I feed her, because she gets vicios when my brother feeds his cat. today my brother forgot to, so I did it cuz I wanted to let onyx out. my brother wont feed his kitten until onyx is locked up, they both go rabid at the scent of food. so onyx had probably just finished her food but she wanted my brothers kittens food. she was sticking out her paws claws out asking for his food and to be let out, but I didn't want to go near her paws, the reason my brother makes me feed her first is because she once cut his finger to the bone(also by accident. shes normally the sweetest lapwarmer you could ever meet. she just turns when she smells food) so I tapped the side to divert her attention and leaned close, my face apparently within reach. she wasn't interested in the tap and suddenly her cute little black paw shot straight at my eye. i guess I must have blinked but her claw hooked inside my eyelid, but all I remember is black paw, pain. so I backed away and started screaming and crying, bt she was fed in the barn, so I figured no one heard me, so I had to walk up. i guess my mom and brother had but id already started walking. anyway, turned out she didn't get my eye but my eyelid, pretty low in and a deep gouge, then a dragging scratch all the way to the rim. on the plus side my tears washed out the wound.mom said the tears would also heal it so I didn't have to go to the hospital. that was only a few hours ago.

Egycal52 SILVER, --, California

"Hats off to the past, coats off to the future."
- American Proverb
"Why do you keep hiding behind your mask,
When even the scars formed by your mistakes
are you own constellations?"

That sounds like it hurt! it's always a bit scary when pets do something like that, but like your poem says, can you blame them? ( hence the " a pet is still a wild animal" debate)

SparrowSun ELITE, X, Vermont

"Upon his bench the pieces lay
As if an artwork on display
Of gears and hands
And wire-thin bands

i really should have put this in poetry.

SparrowSun ELITE, X, Vermont

"Upon his bench the pieces lay
As if an artwork on display
Of gears and hands
And wire-thin bands

i dont think it scared but where it got scratched ages ago is still dry. andshes a barn cat, so her claws have been on dirty barn floors and in mice infesed with who knows what. it was all a blur.