Name Essay | Teen Ink

Name Essay

February 28, 2019
By 0kroll BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
0kroll BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

In English my name means bold and loyal.  In Hebrew it means faithful and a dog.  It is like the color green.  Something fresh.  It represents balance and growth.  Renewal and freshness.  It is like the number seven.  A lucky number.  A number that represents the number of days in a week.  Also my favorite number.  It is like the season fall.  The season that my most beloved sport is played, soccer.  A season that represents change and preparation.  It is similar to a cake, full of surprises with many layers.  It is a person that is ready for anything and not afraid to try something new.


My name is from the Bible, Caleb was a leader over the Israelites.  My name is not that common, however, has grown more popular over the years.  I do not have a nickname.  My name is alright.  I wish it was something else, yet I am fine with it.  


My name is smooth like an ocean rock because flows nicely as you pronounce it.  It is hard for some people to pronounce.  Some people do not pronounce it right and gets frustrating because it does not seem that hard to say.  They pronounce it like Kal-Lab when it is really Kay-Lub. I am so used to it being said a certain way which is why it bothers me so much. 


My name is special because not that many people have that name.  It is hard for people to say “which Caleb” because there is usually just one Caleb compared to the name Sam or Andrew where there are many of those names.  This name is someone that is brave, not afraid to face their fears.  They are a fun loving guy and loves to crack jokes.  They bring a new vibe which is why the color green fits me.  


I would not mind having a new name.Still the one I have will do.  A more popular like Andrew or John, I  see one of those names that would fit me best.  That is the name I think of that would fit my personality.  Still the one I have will do.