What My Name Means | Teen Ink

What My Name Means

September 27, 2018
By crazywriter9 BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
crazywriter9 BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

The name Sky has a powerful meaning. It means spiritually intense. Brings love and new starts into life. It’s like the color blue; it’s a calming color and symbolizes loyalty, strength, wisdom, and trust. Just like me. It’s like the number 7. The number 7 is the most mystical number. Seven is the number of completeness and perfection. Sky follows that concept of being mystical and spiritual.

My name all started with my mother watching a stupid tv show; General Hospital. One of the shows with all the juicy and unnecessary drama. There was this one girl named Sky and my mom fell in love with the name instantly.


Since my name means new start into life, my mother thought it would fit perfectly. Before I was born my mother and father had a son. He wasn’t developing as a normal baby should have and died at birth. My mom swore she wasn’t having any more. Little did she know she would end up with me a year later. I was the new start into her life. When she realized what that name had meant it was a perfect match.


Growing up was hard with a name like mine. I would always get made fun of. People would ask stupid questions like “How’s the weather outside?” or “ What color is the Sky today?” Being young I would cry all the time about it. At that age, I would definitely go for a different name. Maybe like Skyla, or even Skylar. Anything different from just Sky.


Now being all grown I laugh at what people said to me. I love my name. It fits my personality; it shows how simple and calming I can be. But at the same time it shows how crazy and exciting I can be. It fits perfectly with me.