Future | Teen Ink

Future

By JLAImBatMan555 GOLD, Lexington, North Carolina
JLAImBatMan555 GOLD, Lexington, North Carolina

Future                                                       Many are hidden, unknown about what may lay ahead. They are so concealed as to what may truly be in front of them. Live for the present, patience for the future, and the capacity to wish to go back for the past. A land so hidden, unknown to people lurks in a dark shadowy place. This place of legend is unknown yet, many wish to go there, yet, no one can find it. A stone lays in the destination of the forest of broceliande, this stone lies in the heart of the forest. Can you find the destination of this land? The stone slab reads: Whoso enters the lakes waters shall be in a test, a test to reach the palace, whoso reaches the palace shall be tested a 2nd time to be transported to the land of mystery. But the first task you have to do is find a wizard that is known by many, yet no one can find him, Merlin. Then you have to find 13 items of britain, and lastly you must find the grail. Find Merlin and you can get to the land of mystery. I’m now going to bring you into the present. It is now May 11th, 2015 and a young lad named Ed is attending school that is close to this forest. Ed loved the stories about King Arthur and Merlin, he even wanted to find him. But he knew he couldn’t until life died down. But, one day Ed heard a voice, it was a rather wispy voice. He looked everywhere for this voice but couldn’t find it. He knew that day, that the voice was coming from the forest. So the next day, after school Ed went to the forest.             He waited and waited for the same voice, he began to feel uneasy, and worried that someone was behind him. Ed looked behind him, he saw nothing, then he got up because he was tired of waiting, he began to walk home, but before he left the forest he heard the voice. He leaped into action and followed the sound of the voice, he heard it again. Then he went to the heart of the voice, he found the slab! Then that very voice told him where Merlin was! But it warned him to watch out for Nimue. He knew who Nimue was, and he knew she was very powerful. Ed then dug up Merlin in the heart of the forest, Merlin was very tired, Merlin told him to grab his cup, Ed grabbed the cup and filled it up with water by the nearby fountain. Merlin drank from the cup, but Merlin asked Ed, How did you know to do that? Ed said: I don’t know? I just did it. Ed became curious as to his origins, was he some descendant of a famous wizard or witch?, does he have magic in his system? He didn’t know, it was like the forest welcomed him. Merlin Gave him all 13 magical items of Britain, then he mentored Ed, he taught Ed everything about magic, and finally the day came when Merlin rose King Arthur from his bodily state. Then they found the grail. It was time to plunge into the deep dark treacherous water.       But, Ed was nervous, he didn’t trust the waters, he heard legend of the Loch ness monster, and mermaids, and all kinds of sea creatures being in the depths of the pit. Merlin asserted Ed. Ed after much worrying went into the water. The water rushed past Ed as he felt like he was getting sucked into a whirlpool. But he stopped, Ed began to get very afraid, he saw a tail, then teeth, he saw the Monster!! He yelled for Merlin’s help, but he was no where to be seen, Ed knew he and Arthur went to the mystery land, yet he was under attack, he remembered everything Merlin taught him. He casted the depths of his emotions and energy through the water as the loch ness monster dashed towards him as though he was an enemy. But he bounced off of an invisible shield , Ed felt the energy, the power, he began to glow with green energy, THE POWER! he yelled,h.. how did I do that? Ed knew that very day, that very minute, that very second! That he was a descendant of a wizard. Yet, he didn’t know he was the descendant of a very powerful wizard. Ed then went back through the portal as the whirlwind of water sucked him into the portal. Ed passed out. It’s now a month, Ed woke up to a sudden dash of air across his face, he woke in a land full of technology, there were flying cars, there was wearable technology, it was just as a land of mystery became a land of modern day amusement, it was as the land of Camelot became some, some sort of land of the past.       As I said in the beginning: Live for the present, patience for the future, and the capacity to wish to go back for the past. Thank you for reading and I will continue to build the rest of this story real soon.