Bucket List Vignette | Teen Ink

Bucket List Vignette

By Shewfelt23 BRONZE, Columbia, Illinois
Shewfelt23 BRONZE, Columbia, Illinois

Racing down the highway at a hundred and thirty-five. With blue and red lights flashing in the side and rear view mirror, “Vogt start spraying at the chopper.” Yells Camren. Steadily weaving in and out of on coming traffic, nick maneuvers the black bulletproof Escalade out of the on-coming fire of police bullets.”Camren chuck some more paint balloons at the cop cars, they are gaining us.” Nick commands.

Everything seems slow motion when Evan violently screams,” Oh s***, train!” tires screeching to a halt, and pinging of bullets striking the armor plate., Nick takes a detour parallel to the train tracks. Racing the train down the dirt towards a small country town, Camren sits in the back frantically sorting the cash in three even ways. “Nick head north to the boat,” ordered Vogt. Nick flips on the police scanner, reports of the bank event were all over it. “It has been reported three white masked men have violently robbed a local convenient store at gunpoint with heavy military grade machine guns. Approach with caution and shoot to kill.” Reported the Deputy sheriff. Laughing hysterically, Nick, Camren, and Evan arrived to where the boat was supposed to be waiting.

Suddenly, the situation was not so funny when the get away speed boat was not at the docks. Pushing the bullet hole infested escalade off the docks into the frigid waters of Lake Michigan, with guns blazing Evan, Nick, and Camren took off into the thick forest.
After hiking through the dense woods they stumble upon a vacant deer hunting cabin. “Lets post up here for the night boys.” said Nick. Huddling around a bright warm fire, eating cans of pork and beans, the sound of crackling twigs and leaves surrounded them. All reaching for their machine guns and deadly assault rifles, the three criminals prepare for a fire fight. Brass shells spewed in every direction as they opened fire on their targets. Retreating for cover in the cabin, bullets missed them by millimeters when suddenly, Evan went down. Jumping up as if nothing had happened, Evan returned fire. Finally upon return to the cabin the boys stumble upon a four-wheeler. As Camren hot wires the four-wheeler, Nick and Evan hop on the back ready for a hot departure. Cash in hand, the thieves get away and are never to be heard from again.