The Most Dangerous Game 2 | Teen Ink

The Most Dangerous Game 2

September 8, 2011
By BetweenWorks SILVER, Charlotte, North Carolina
BetweenWorks SILVER, Charlotte, North Carolina
5 articles 0 photos 60 comments

Favorite Quote:
The meaning of life is a question that you have already answered.


Rainsford had been living on the island for four days now and he still couldn’t return to his normal senses. His life had been turned fully upside down since he was forced to play in a hunting game with him as the prey. He no longer knew anything about morals. He had just hunted the hunter so he believed that he wasn’t any worse then General Zarroff. He had no guilt about killing him and he wondered if the Cossack had felt the same way when he killed his victims.
While Rainsford questioned himself he heard a pounding at the door. He pulled out his revolver at the door as he opened it. Rainsford lowered his revolver and smiled when he saw his old friend Whitney in front of him.

“Whitney it is good to see you, but how did you end up here?” asked Rainsford as he stepped back to let Whitney into the house.

“We came back to try and find you and right before we gave up the search we hit rock,” said Whitney. “Most of the crew drowned because barley knew how to swim and the rest tried to swim towards a more farther away island than come to this place”

Whitney came inside and Rainsford led him to the dinning room.

“I was just preparing dinner when you knocked. You probably are just as hungry as I was when I came. Sit down and ill get you some food,” Said Rainsford.

“Thank you.” Said Whitney, “Food has never sounded better.”

Rainsford served dinner and they talked about Whitney’s search, but when it came to Rainsford’s turn to share he confused Whitney almost as much as the General had done to Rainsford.

“Whitney I have been thinking about what you said to me the night I had fallen off the boat.” Said Rainsford, “When I said that hunting is the best sport in the world, you told me that it was, but only for the hunter. During my stay here I have learned that even the prey can be the hunter.”

“ Where are you going with this Rainsford?” asked Whitney.

Rainsford merely told him that they were going to play a game.


The author's comments:
This is the epilogue to the most dangerous game. I tried to picture myself as Rainsford and I figured that this could be a possible ending.