Rider | Teen Ink

Rider

By nature-elf PLATINUM, Ramsey, New Jersey
nature-elf PLATINUM, Ramsey, New Jersey

"If love is shelter, I'll walk in the rain." -Anonymous

It’s funny how people never seem to notice things.

You see the broken car by the edge of the highway, the gas leaking out of the tank, dripping slowly down onto asphalt. You note the smashed windows, the tires slashed into thin strips, and the woman dead in a darkened red puddle.

And then you realize that there’s a girl struggling against several men who are trying to kidnap her.

But it’s like nothing ever happened. I saw them all pass, as if nothing was wrong with the body of the woman and the girl who is trying to escape. I saw them, flickering with hope in my chest, wishing that this was all a dream. The beatings slowly grew fainter and fainter as I realized that no one was going to stop and help the unfortunate being.

Not a single person stopped. The highway was at rush hour.

Intro. to my new NaNoWriMo idea.

Healing_Angel SILVER, Sydney, Other

Live for today, not for tomorrow

Very interesting concept! Looking foward to reading it! The intro is excellent. Well done! 

logarhead BRONZE, Pelham, Alabama

never put a question mark where God puts a period

This looks like a really good story that you could go anywhere from here with. Looking forward to reading it.

PhoenixGriffin, ---, Texas

"Only two things are infinite: the universe, and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."~Albert Einstein

Wow...I am officially interested in what your NaNoWriMo idea is about. But anyways, if this is the intro for it, I say it's brilliant. It hooks you right from the start, and, sad to say, it makes perfect sense. In life, people do just drive by scenes of horror instead of doing anything to help. Honestly, I loved it. Very interesting. Great job!