The Blacksmith ( part1 ) | Teen Ink

The Blacksmith ( part1 )

September 25, 2009
By FantasyAddict BRONZE, Kenton, Ohio
FantasyAddict BRONZE, Kenton, Ohio
2 articles 0 photos 4 comments

The war between the Kregans and the Humans was very good for blacksmiths like Omaphus, but Omaphus would soon find out that he has a greater role in this war than what he may think.
It was a normal day for Omaphus. He would wake up and walk outside of his tent and wave and say hi to the people of Virken. There were two districts of the city, the poor district and the rich district. In the poor district everybody knew everyone. All the people helped everyone else out with everything, like cleaning and working. In the rich district it was a whole new story. There were always thieves killing and stealing. For Omaphus the poor district was great.
While Omaphus was working on a new blade a knock came to the door.
"I'm comming."
Omaphus put the red hot blade on the anvil and walked to the door. He opened the door to reveal captain Muk.
"Captain Muk, how are you?"
"I'm good"
"Would you like to see my new blade im making?"
"I dont have any time. I came over here to tell you that the king himself as requested an audience with you."
"With me? Why?"
"He wouldn't tell me, just that it was of great import. Can you finish you blade later?"
"Yes of course."
"Good now follow me."
Without any hesitation Omaphus followed behind captain Muk. They had to walk through the rich district to get to the castle.
After what seemed like a never ending walk they finally came to the gates of the castle. Muk had told the two guards to open the gate. The guards quickly opened the gates. They walked through a beautiful courtyard to another big gate.
"These are the gates into castle Virken. When you walk inside you will come to a statue of a knight. On either sides of the statue will be a hallway, take the hallway to the right. Good luck."
"Wait your not comming with me?"
"No, i have other matters to attend to."
With that Muk turned around and walked away. Omaphus turned and faced the gates and walked inside. He walked into a huge room with two sets of stairs leading upstairs. In the middle of the room was statue of the knight that Muk had mentioned. So without any confusion of where to go, Omaphus took the hallway to the left.
He walked down a dark hallway which was only lit by a few torches. He came to a wooden door and opened it and walked in. In front of him was another wooden door. He looked to his left and seen the throne and the king looking out of a gigantic window with his arm behind his back.
"Well its about time you showed up."
"You wanted to see me?"
The man turned around to see Omaphus.
"Yes that is correct. I feel that the end of Virken is very close."