The Red-Eyed Devil | Teen Ink

The Red-Eyed Devil

By its_just_me PLATINUM, Greensburg, Pennsylvania
its_just_me PLATINUM, Greensburg, Pennsylvania

Life is not measured by the amount of breath's you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

I need blood and death to survive. I was born with a disease never heard of by man. Every night, I have to kill someone in a bloody death. Tonight, I'm gonna take you with me on my killing spree.

As I walk through the streets, I pull up my hood. People like to take my picture after i've killed someone. My eyes are scarlet, like blood.

As I'm walking, I hear a couple fighting. When i look through the window, I see the man hitting the woman. He does it as if he has done it many times before.

I wait for the woman to leave before I walk into the apartment. The man is asleep on a La-Z Boy recliner. I grab a knife from the kitchen and walk towards him.

I slice down both his arms and both his legs. he finally wakes up when i retrace those wounds with the knife. The sent of blood fills the air all around me.

Right when he starts to beg me to save his life, I stab the knife straight through his heart. Those lifeless eye stare at me accusingly. When I walk out of the building, I see the guys wife.

As I'm walking down the sidewalk, I hear his wife scream. She must have seen his body. When I am about half way back to my house, a man jumps out of the bushes. He has a camera. I throw my hand over my face just as he snaps the picture. He got one of my eyes.

I can't wait to see the papers tomorrow! I'm probably on the front page! My life's dream! I get to be in the paper as a freak that kills to live. Great. Why couldn't I just be normal?

They say God works in mysterious ways. I'm learning just how mysterious on how mysterious those ways can be. I wish I didn't know.

So, now you've been through a typical night with me. Creeped out? I would be surprised if you weren't. I got over the shock after I grew up enough to realize that this is my way of life. I'm just not shocked anymore.

TheMalfunctioningWallflower BRONZE, Houston, Texas

"GET THE CAT!!!"

"I did wood paneling."

"Do not FEAR the Crooked Zipper!! EMBRACE the Crooked Zipper!!!"

"What's better than infinity?"

"Wear your helmets, we'll be reaching speeds of three!"

"You could walk on your hands and catch up to him!"

I like it. It has the sadness of someone who has to do that. A curse.

OfficialApprover PLATINUM, Orefield, Pennsylvania

Grab life by the balls. -Slobberknocker
We cannot change the cards we're dealt just how we play the hand
Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted
It's pretty easy to be smart when you're parroting smart people
-Randy Pausch

That was amazing, chilling and vivid.  Very interesting, well-written and unique.  Excellent job.  Keep writing!

Btw, will you check out and comment on my work?

crzybookworm BRONZE, Highland, California

"The only thing to fear is fear itself."

It was okay...A little creepy. Very descriptive but the idea of the story is original. Try to add some more to it.

_Lia_Aqua_ SILVER, Moorhead, Minnesota

this was cool, and a little creepy lol. I like it and you did a good job discribing this.

BTW could you check out my work please?